I'm interested in conversations about and I want to talk about
Know exactly what you want?
Show search

Notification

Error

Peeing a lot

User
Posted 06 Feb 2015 at 14:55

Hi there i am new and perhaps have got way ahead of myself but find myself having to urniate a lot more almost as if i go then maybe an hour or so later have to go again.

I am only 35 but stupidly looked online and have got stuck in my head it coul dbe protate cancer been to my GP and no urine infrction but back for a blood test on monday which psa is one of them but got me really concerned.

User
Posted 06 Feb 2015 at 15:22

it could of course be what you fear. its easy to say but try not to get ahead of yourself and wait for the blood test. meanwhile as someone who has it, some thoughts. I have been told that caffeine, alcohol etc can be bladder irritants so I have moderated my intake with a positive result. There is also advice on bladder retraining that might be of interest to you.

good luck 

User
Posted 06 Feb 2015 at 22:55

Hi, being young means that PCa isn't so likely, but there are several other possibilities, so wait for the result of your blood test.
Have you downloaded, or asked for, The Tool Kit available from the main pages of this site, there are some other useful publications available to see/download/ask to be sent to you.

I know that it is easy for me to say, but try not to worry because it doesn't help the stress which in itself can be a cause.

Chris.

User
Posted 07 Feb 2015 at 11:12

Hello H8srd and welcome.

You are certainly precipitate.

There could be any number of reasons for frequent peeing, diet being one of them.

Worrying about it could also produce the feeling ~(ever been restless at night having trouble dropping off then deciding that although you don't need to go better had just in case you finally drop off and it disturbs you.)  Thinking about it produces the desire. It's like knowing there are no loos around when you go out, you immediately want one (Well I do!)

Anyway, 35 would be young but not impossible.

What you have done though is positive action.

IF and it's a big IF, there is anything sinister to worry about then you have started the ball rolling and the matter will be dealt with.

There is little you can do until you have had the blood test and got the results.

Maybe best to stay away from Google until you know you have something to research.

I'm sure you'll be fine but since the thought is in your mind you'll worry about it. Try not too.

If, when you have the result there IS anything to worry about, then please come back with your questions, fears etc.

We are here for each other.

All the best Sandra

We can't control the winds - but we can adjust our sails
User
Posted 07 Feb 2015 at 14:02
My 37 year old son was worried that as I have Pca he might too. He lives in Thailand so was able to get a PSA test done easily enough. It was 1.1 which he said was slightly above the median for someone of his age. I mentioned this to my urologist who I saw earlier this week. He said tell him not to bother getting tested until he's over 45 but the test he has had will be a useful marker
Best of luck
Guy
User
Posted 08 Feb 2015 at 18:51

For general interest for younger men.

http://community.prostatecanceruk.org/posts/t9724-PSA-levels-for-men

Bearing in mind Prostate cancer in men under 40 really is quite rare.