I'm interested in conversations about and I want to talk about
Know exactly what you want?
Show search

Notification

Error

Another b****y camera

User
Posted 11 Feb 2015 at 19:04
Saw the GP today for a 'niggle'. i've been having stomach discomfort for about four weeks which is unusual for me. I do have issues with acid now and again but not to this extent.

So he said it would be good to have an endoscopy to see if anything is amiss. He said he wouldn't refer on the two week pathway as he didn't think it would be stomach cancer but best to get it checked out. Hopefully all will be well and something that a bucket of gaviscon will sort, Just wish he hadn't mentioned stomach cancer as it wasn't something I was thinking

Regarding the camera this will complete the set in that every single orafice in my body, including the nostrils, will have had a camera up there over the last two years. Oh joy.

Bri

User
Posted 11 Feb 2015 at 19:18

Hi Brian,

can you be more precise about the symptoms of your "niggle"?

It's just that post op a lot of things changed for me that I had not bargained for and maybe you are having one of those changes, or not?

Whatever it is glad that it is being taken seriously and being looked at.

atb

dave

User
Posted 11 Feb 2015 at 19:28
Sorry you have more stuff to deal with. Can't doc say it may be C just to get it done as we all know from PC the quicker the better and in your case hopefully it will put your mind at rest, I can't believe it will cost the NHS will be any more either way so get him to fast track you. Kev

Dream like you have forever, live like you only have today Avatar is me doing the 600 mile Camino de Santiago May 2019

User
Posted 11 Feb 2015 at 19:51

Cheers lads

Dave it's just a discomfort that keeps coming and going. Not cramps or belly ache as such...hard to describe really...in all liklihood probably the acid having a field day

Kev I think he would need more concrete clinical reasons to refer on the two week route. I also wouldn't want to delay someone who maybe does have the symptoms that warrant an urgent referral

Bri

User
Posted 11 Feb 2015 at 20:04

FWIW after my op I had increased acid reflux issues, I did suffer on and off for many years before, swallowing food again, and believe me it does not taste better, not even as good the second time round.

Bowl movements also changed. I began stacking them side by side on the shelf instead of inside each other! OMG! No but, yeah, but no, but they did change. They have settled down now after some 16 months.

When you say a discomfort, what sort, how often?

Hope you will be fine, suspect that you will be fine, you will probably be fine.

atb

dave

Edited by member 11 Feb 2015 at 20:25  | Reason: Not specified

User
Posted 11 Feb 2015 at 22:24

Well Bri seeing that you will end up with so many cameras in so many places you could end up with a Bafta http://community.prostatecanceruk.org/editors/tiny_mce/plugins/emoticons/img/smiley-surprised.gif.

Joking over what medication are you on ? I am thinking because Trevor has to take an anti acid tablet to counter react the multitude of other tablets, some medication can cause tummy upsets. Sometimes you can take something for ages and it would not affect you and then suddenly you can get a reaction.

What ever it is Bri at least your GP is on the ball and has referred you, I know it is a bit of a waiting time but at least it is going to be investigated and this will put your mind at rest.

BFN

Julie X

Edited by member 11 Feb 2015 at 22:26  | Reason: Not specified

NEVER LAUGH AT A LIVE DRAGON
User
Posted 12 Feb 2015 at 12:03

Hi Bri,

Just a thought, we have quite a bug going around the girls school, starting as a stomach bug and finishing with quite bad acid reflux.

We have one girl off, Ness has had it over a week, and the last couple of days i now have it.

Si

Don't deny the diagnosis; try to defy the verdict
User
Posted 12 Feb 2015 at 19:37

Cheers Si...I'm sure it's nothing sinister and like to keep the cameramen busy

Hope things go ok today

Bri

User
Posted 14 Feb 2015 at 07:58
Bri,

Hope everything is ok and the procedure is not too uncomfortable.

I promise to be less invasive with my camera when we eventually meet.

Good luck.

Steve

User
Posted 14 Feb 2015 at 08:00

Cheers Steve

User
Posted 14 Feb 2015 at 11:20

Hi Brian,

I must say I don't have any acid reflux issues at all. I used to have it, long before the operation, and took antacids etc. but then we found the solution is to eat fresh fruit every day. We have fresh fruit salad at least once a day after our main meal and stomach acid has never been a problem since we started doing so. 

I hope your investigation doesn't reveal anything serious or problematic. Good luck,

Steve