I'm interested in conversations about and I want to talk about
Know exactly what you want?
Show search

Notification

Error

3 monthly check

User
Posted 12 Feb 2015 at 17:16
I always find myself getting anxious and nervous when my husband has his 3 monthly appointments. I can breath again !! Coming up to his first post-op anniversary I'm pleased to report PSA 0.01 undetectable, complete continence and everything else working fine 😘 I share this news not to boast but to give others encouragement.
User
Posted 12 Feb 2015 at 17:16
I always find myself getting anxious and nervous when my husband has his 3 monthly appointments. I can breath again !! Coming up to his first post-op anniversary I'm pleased to report PSA 0.01 undetectable, complete continence and everything else working fine 😘 I share this news not to boast but to give others encouragement.
User
Posted 16 Feb 2015 at 11:25
Ahh thanks Steve......do you know I must be a right doofus. I've often wondered what the *nikon* part of your username referred to and when you just mentioned photography ..doh !!.......the penny has just dropped☺️
I've been following your *the first day of the rest of my life * thread. I'm so sorry for all you've had to go through but goodness me.....thank the Lord for people like you, the fact you've been able to help others with your regular updates is wonderful !! Also the fact that through all the mess that living with pc throws at us you're able to keep a sense of humour through it all.
You and Countryboy55 should be commended....thank you.
Show Most Thanked Posts
User
Posted 12 Feb 2015 at 22:18
Hi

Well done it is always nice to hear good news, is everything else working with or without help and just remind me which type of op you had.

Thanks Chris
User
Posted 12 Feb 2015 at 23:07

Your good news will give others hope and encouragement, congratulations to you both.

dave

User
Posted 13 Feb 2015 at 09:41
Well done!!
User
Posted 13 Feb 2015 at 11:07

Very good news on all fronts!

Very encouraging for those who may be considering surgery as a treatment path.

Also gives hope to those of us still managing the side effects associated with surgery.

Best Wishes

Luther

User
Posted 13 Feb 2015 at 11:12
That's really good news. Celebrate Valentine's day in style.

Steve
User
Posted 13 Feb 2015 at 11:27

Sharing and hearing about good news is one of the most important aspects of this website forum. Well done and long may it continue

Steve

User
Posted 13 Feb 2015 at 16:04

Well done to you and your OH. My next check is in 2 weeks. I've managed not to get too uptight about previous results, as it's no good stressing about something you can't control. A bit like watching your favourite team - you want them to play well and win, but there's nothing you can do either way. Or maybe not - I stressed like mad in years gone by over my team, especially when we played Liverpool. Stupid really!

Stay Calm And Carry On.
User
Posted 13 Feb 2015 at 16:20
Lol @ sixfoottwo....please don't tell me your a Spurs supporter ?
Seriously though, thank you all. I know I shouldn't get anxious but I've always been a worrier so I doubt I'll change anytime soon.
Chris in answer to your question, my husband had a robotic prostatectomy in one of the big teaching hospitals in London, on 21st March last year.
Yesterday was his 4th appointment re blood test results etc since the op. We've now been told that appointments will be every 4 months for next year , still need to have blood tested a week before but results will be given over the phone as opposed to going for an actual appointment at the hospital.
You guys were a great help to me personally last year when I felt like a rabbit stunned in the headlights. Thanks so much.
Jane.
User
Posted 13 Feb 2015 at 16:44
Jane
that is great news and will give such wonderful encouragment to all those Men in this cureable early stage disease. To have everything up and functional (so to speak) in one year is about as good as it gets. You must both have been working really well together to achieve such a fantastic result.
so well done you two and thanks for sharing I am very happy for you both. Even if you are Gunners
xx
Mo
At the end of the storm there is a golden sky
User
Posted 13 Feb 2015 at 16:47

Great news Jane, so pleased to hear the recovery was so good.

And a gooner as well, never mind http://community.prostatecanceruk.org/editors/tiny_mce/plugins/emoticons/img/smiley-embarassed.gif

Si

Don't deny the diagnosis; try to defy the verdict
User
Posted 13 Feb 2015 at 17:43

Originally Posted by: Online Community Member
Jane
that is great news and will give such wonderful encouragment to all those Men in this cureable early stage disease. To have everything up and functional (so to speak) in one year is about as good as it gets. You must both have been working really well together to achieve such a fantastic result.
so well done you two and thanks for sharing I am very happy for you both. Even if you are Gunners
xx
Mo
At the end of the storm there is a golden sky

And there you have highlighted probably the most important factors in "cureable" and "recovery" for PCa.

The earlier the diagnosis is made the more likely you will be in the curable camp.  That said very early diagnosis may throw up an issue as to where it is caught so early, the may be a suggestion of watching and waiting?  From my experience and what I have read, if you wait for symptoms to present that may be too late?

And working together on recuperation really can bring about a splendid result for all concerned. Really pleased for you both.

atb, from a smiling broadly 

dave

User
Posted 13 Feb 2015 at 22:01

Brilliant news Jane x

"Life can only be understood backwards; but it must be lived forwards." Soren Kierkegaard
User
Posted 13 Feb 2015 at 23:30

Jane - the clue was in the Liverpool comment - my team is from the red half of Manchester. We used to have season tickets for many years, but now refuse to go as long as the current owners hang around. I could go on forever about them, but this is not the right place!

I should have added I am nowhere nea r6' 2''.  The name comes from a chant about my favourite ever Utd player back in the 70's!

Edited by member 14 Feb 2015 at 12:51  | Reason: Not specified

Stay Calm And Carry On.
User
Posted 14 Feb 2015 at 23:04

Well pleased for you and Ron, Jane.

Hope you had a fun Valentine day!

Jacey

User
Posted 15 Feb 2015 at 15:05

Thank you JC, how are you ? Hope you're doing well too ? Had a nice Valentines, got a bit spoilt with flowers, chocolates and bubbly. Looking forward to our daughter's wedding in May. 😊

Edited by member 15 Feb 2015 at 15:06  | Reason: Not specified

User
Posted 15 Feb 2015 at 17:23
Jane,

Pleased that Valentine's Day went well. It's going to be a great year with your daughter's wedding happening in May.

I love photographing weddings but haven't booked any since my diagnosis. I didn't think it would be fair on wedding couples if I had to cancel for health reasons. My heart attack in November proved that that was the correct decision.

Hope everything goes well for you both.

Steve
User
Posted 16 Feb 2015 at 11:25
Ahh thanks Steve......do you know I must be a right doofus. I've often wondered what the *nikon* part of your username referred to and when you just mentioned photography ..doh !!.......the penny has just dropped☺️
I've been following your *the first day of the rest of my life * thread. I'm so sorry for all you've had to go through but goodness me.....thank the Lord for people like you, the fact you've been able to help others with your regular updates is wonderful !! Also the fact that through all the mess that living with pc throws at us you're able to keep a sense of humour through it all.
You and Countryboy55 should be commended....thank you.