I'm interested in conversations about and I want to talk about
Know exactly what you want?
Show search

Notification

Error

Back from 18 month post RT consultation

User
Posted 24 Mar 2015 at 10:53
Would have put a simpler heading but it was too like so many other previous posts

Anyway i've had the latest test results. PSA still continues to drop slowly. 18 months post adjuvent RT it is now 0.028

Only in with the doc 5 minutes if that. However she did say I should now go to a yearly PSA test and not to have a sensitive test in future. I declined to question the rationale as I kind of get it. I'd love to be able park this for a year but do feel it may be a tad early. I thought this was a luxury for post 5 year patients.

Just for info and to help others here are my PSA scores as I remember them

Oct/Nov 12 - 22

FEB 13 - Radical Prostectomy

March 13 post RP - 0.06

May 13 - 0.066

July 13 - 0.089

Aug/Sept - Adjuvent RT

March 14 - 0.048

Sept 14 - 0.037

March 15 - 0.028

Cheers

Bri

Edited by member 24 Mar 2015 at 11:07  | Reason: Not specified

User
Posted 24 Mar 2015 at 11:34
Very good news Bri. . No psa test for 12 months. Wishing you an outstanding year.
User
Posted 24 Mar 2015 at 12:41

The sun is shining and you read this, just a perfect day.

12 months http://community.prostatecanceruk.org/editors/tiny_mce/plugins/emoticons/img/smiley-surprised.gif really.

All the best mate

Don't deny the diagnosis; try to defy the verdict
User
Posted 24 Mar 2015 at 12:51
Bri

Fantastic news to start the day for me across the pond. I now eagerly await Evie Lily news.

Xx

Mo

User
Posted 24 Mar 2015 at 12:58

Bri

Great news and a comfort for those of us traveling a similar journey.

Thanks Chris 

User
Posted 24 Mar 2015 at 13:37
Hi Bri

Thanks for asking, I am not feeling too bad but nervous, as my PSA is due in approx 3 weeks and I am expecting a rise again, but it is what it is and I will face that when it comes and assess my options.

Take care

Roy

User
Posted 24 Mar 2015 at 14:01

Good news Bri though you sound somewhat cautious? Cannot see anything but a rosy picture there so I would take the twelve months, forget it and carry on living, but GP check in September?

User
Posted 24 Mar 2015 at 15:26

Brilliant news Bri, well done now we just need that baby out and being cuddled by Grandad ?/ Grandpa/ Gramps ? .http://community.prostatecanceruk.org/editors/tiny_mce/plugins/emoticons/img/smiley-wink.gif. I have too agree 12mths does seem like a verrrrrrrrrrry long wait but on the flip side if your Onco thinks that is the way too go then that has to be taken as good news. 

BFN

Julie X

NEVER LAUGH AT A LIVE DRAGON
User
Posted 24 Mar 2015 at 15:49
Well done Bri, at least now it won't be Grumps!,

In the chair as I type for chemo, good results for me today too from MRI last week so good news all round. Kev

Dream like you have forever, live like you only have today Avatar is me doing the 600 mile Camino de Santiago May 2019

User
Posted 24 Mar 2015 at 16:12

Cheers again...as ever Paul I continue to be curious with a bit if caution. She shouldn't put me on the annual testing yet really as that is recommended after two years of a stable PSA. Hence me thinking about having one at 6 months just to be sure. Then if things are ok next Sept and March I will accept the annual check.

Kev you have without doubt put things into perspective for me and I feel very humble and grateful for my current situation. I hope you continue to tolerate the chemo well and that you are well enough for the marathon as I know how much it means to you.

You, Si and Paul amongst others continue to be such an inspiration to me and I know many others.

Take care
Bri

User
Posted 24 Mar 2015 at 18:13

Bri,

You might find you've got an "open" PSA check on your medical record.  My consultant showed me this today on the computer screen when we discussed the subject. It basically means I can ask for a PSA check at anytime. I'm sure if you wanted a PSA check mid-term they wouldn't turn you away.

Flexi

User
Posted 24 Mar 2015 at 18:35
Congratulations on your low PSA results. I am really pleased for you.

Wishing you all the best.

User
Posted 24 Mar 2015 at 18:42

Hello Brian
Very pleased to read your latest result, it is really good news. Like you I would be a bit worried about going onto yearly ordinary testing, but I would also be glad to have less regular testing. Your consultant has done well for you up to now and maybe she has seen your pattern before and thinks it is appropriate to put you on an easier test regime.

My last 4 monthly test is in May then all being well onto 6 monthly high sensitivity until 5 years, but this is of course part of Radicals. I have had my last planned Prostap now and so my Testosterone will come back over the rest of the year, hmm???

All the best and keep the good news coming
Andy

User
Posted 24 Mar 2015 at 19:13

Hi Brian,  Good to hear this news and Kevins too.  Lots of good wishes for the grandbaby.  ATB,El .

User
Posted 25 Mar 2015 at 00:31

Brilliant but stick with 6 monthly for now xxx

"Life can only be understood backwards; but it must be lived forwards." Soren Kierkegaard

Show Most Thanked Posts
User
Posted 24 Mar 2015 at 11:34
Very good news Bri. . No psa test for 12 months. Wishing you an outstanding year.
User
Posted 24 Mar 2015 at 12:41

The sun is shining and you read this, just a perfect day.

12 months http://community.prostatecanceruk.org/editors/tiny_mce/plugins/emoticons/img/smiley-surprised.gif really.

All the best mate

Don't deny the diagnosis; try to defy the verdict
User
Posted 24 Mar 2015 at 12:51
Bri

Fantastic news to start the day for me across the pond. I now eagerly await Evie Lily news.

Xx

Mo

User
Posted 24 Mar 2015 at 12:58

Bri

Great news and a comfort for those of us traveling a similar journey.

Thanks Chris 

User
Posted 24 Mar 2015 at 12:59
Great news Bri. Now you are going onto 1yr checks who do I use to remind me mine is due lol.

Roy

User
Posted 24 Mar 2015 at 13:12
Cheers all...

Roy I think I will probably see the GP for a check in September...be interesting though as it will be a different lab to where the blood usually goes

How are you?

Bri

User
Posted 24 Mar 2015 at 13:37
Hi Bri

Thanks for asking, I am not feeling too bad but nervous, as my PSA is due in approx 3 weeks and I am expecting a rise again, but it is what it is and I will face that when it comes and assess my options.

Take care

Roy

User
Posted 24 Mar 2015 at 14:01

Good news Bri though you sound somewhat cautious? Cannot see anything but a rosy picture there so I would take the twelve months, forget it and carry on living, but GP check in September?

User
Posted 24 Mar 2015 at 15:26

Brilliant news Bri, well done now we just need that baby out and being cuddled by Grandad ?/ Grandpa/ Gramps ? .http://community.prostatecanceruk.org/editors/tiny_mce/plugins/emoticons/img/smiley-wink.gif. I have too agree 12mths does seem like a verrrrrrrrrrry long wait but on the flip side if your Onco thinks that is the way too go then that has to be taken as good news. 

BFN

Julie X

NEVER LAUGH AT A LIVE DRAGON
User
Posted 24 Mar 2015 at 15:49
Well done Bri, at least now it won't be Grumps!,

In the chair as I type for chemo, good results for me today too from MRI last week so good news all round. Kev

Dream like you have forever, live like you only have today Avatar is me doing the 600 mile Camino de Santiago May 2019

User
Posted 24 Mar 2015 at 16:12

Cheers again...as ever Paul I continue to be curious with a bit if caution. She shouldn't put me on the annual testing yet really as that is recommended after two years of a stable PSA. Hence me thinking about having one at 6 months just to be sure. Then if things are ok next Sept and March I will accept the annual check.

Kev you have without doubt put things into perspective for me and I feel very humble and grateful for my current situation. I hope you continue to tolerate the chemo well and that you are well enough for the marathon as I know how much it means to you.

You, Si and Paul amongst others continue to be such an inspiration to me and I know many others.

Take care
Bri

User
Posted 24 Mar 2015 at 18:13

Bri,

You might find you've got an "open" PSA check on your medical record.  My consultant showed me this today on the computer screen when we discussed the subject. It basically means I can ask for a PSA check at anytime. I'm sure if you wanted a PSA check mid-term they wouldn't turn you away.

Flexi

User
Posted 24 Mar 2015 at 18:35
Congratulations on your low PSA results. I am really pleased for you.

Wishing you all the best.

User
Posted 24 Mar 2015 at 18:42

Hello Brian
Very pleased to read your latest result, it is really good news. Like you I would be a bit worried about going onto yearly ordinary testing, but I would also be glad to have less regular testing. Your consultant has done well for you up to now and maybe she has seen your pattern before and thinks it is appropriate to put you on an easier test regime.

My last 4 monthly test is in May then all being well onto 6 monthly high sensitivity until 5 years, but this is of course part of Radicals. I have had my last planned Prostap now and so my Testosterone will come back over the rest of the year, hmm???

All the best and keep the good news coming
Andy

User
Posted 24 Mar 2015 at 18:57

Cheers guys...I think the gp will oblige with a PSA test should I choose to pursue it.

Andy I'm already on 6 monthly checks which have really suited me ie a reasonable gap between each squeeky bum time.

She has said to go for non sensitive testing. I didn't discuss this with her as I can see why she'd suggest it. If I had any rises between my newest reading and 0.1 they are unlikely to do anything apart from monitoring But obviously any rise is going to cause some angst.

Anyway I have plenty of time to think about that. At the moment I'm very happy with the results :)

Hope your results are good

Bri

User
Posted 24 Mar 2015 at 19:13

Hi Brian,  Good to hear this news and Kevins too.  Lots of good wishes for the grandbaby.  ATB,El .

User
Posted 25 Mar 2015 at 00:31

Brilliant but stick with 6 monthly for now xxx

"Life can only be understood backwards; but it must be lived forwards." Soren Kierkegaard

User
Posted 25 Mar 2015 at 07:59
That was my thinking Lyn...but going to have to be at the GP which means a different lab

Bri