Show search

Notification

Error

do they ever get it wrong

User
Posted 01 Apr 2015 at 06:23

morning all

ok so here goes

my prostate confirmed by 2 doctors as abnormal hard and lumpy, DR who did my biopsy also examined me, on all 3 examinations I had pain enough to make me crawl up the couch I was laid on, it was like the only thing I can think off is

a hot iron

had my biopsy monday morning, before going in the urology nurse had a little chat, also confirmed what the Doctor had said on my DRE that I had PC, now I know have posted else where asking is it possable to tell from a DRE if you have PC (cant bring myself to type the full word)

a bit of my mind is well surely they will only know from the biopsy, the other big bit of my mind says

this guy knows what he is doing so if he is confident you have it he will tell you, why would anyone want to tell you untruths and put you through this nightmare its the only word I can think of

spoken to my other who bless her is holding out great, she says well he will not be bothered if he is right or wrong as he doesnt have to deal with it and you may never see him again.

so the conclusions I am coming are

biopsy- only needed to divulge what level PC I have

prostate- is at a stage where it is easy to diagnose

or

DR at hospital is completely wrong and an idiot for telling me without biopsy

I still feel not all the time its not happening, I sit or stand and feel like I am haveing an out of body experiance as I think I am floating,

the loneliness at times feels like it will consume me, even though my family and friends are close by, you may think well how can I be writing this but its all with tears in my eyes

the fear is not just for me but all my loved ones

thank you for reading this

run long and prosper
'pooh how do you spell love'
'piglet you dont spell love -you just feel it'
User
Posted 01 Apr 2015 at 20:12

Don't Panic - in the words of Dads Army. Unless I misunderstood your post, if you only had the biopsy on Monday, you will get detailed results soon enough once this has been analysed. Then it's scans. No point in getting overly upset at this stage until you know the score. Idiots, your doctors are not. Be positive, remember, it can be dealt with.

User
Posted 01 Apr 2015 at 22:25
Easy to say I know but don't waste a week or so over worrying about the biopsy, it will be what it will be. As for the pain,it would be unnatural not to have any when that stuff is going on so don't draw conclusions but do enjoy today/ tomorrow more than ever as assuming you feel ok why waste a perfectly good day?
In due course when you know whatever then you will feel the way you feel and you can share that here whatever it is, people are already rooting for you. Take care, Kev

Dream like you have forever, live like you only have today Avatar is me doing the 600 mile Camino de Santiago May 2019

User
Posted 02 Apr 2015 at 10:40
Hi Bladerunner

Firstly welcome to the forum none of us wish to be a member of. You will find the people on here are very supportive and will try to help with any questions you may have.

Your feelings are quite common at this stage as I well remember, just like you I posted my first questions with tears running down my face as all I could think of was I am going to die, I was planning my funeral, picking the songs for the service etc and couldn't see any hope, but believe me it will get easier as you get your results and a treatment plan is formulated and you settle into your new normal. When I had my DRE, my prostate was described as hard, lumpy and nasty and all the test confirmed the diagnosis, so now you will undergo the various scans which will be evaluated by the MDT and you will get their take on your situation. One thing to remember is that at this time in your journey it may be hard to remember what is said, so take someone with you for a second pair of ears, make a list of all the questions you have and don't be afraid to ask them, I take my IPad and record the conversations, but always ask if it's ok to record what is said so you can refer to it at a later date if you are unsure of something.

If you click on our avatar you will be able to see our individual profiles which may help you you seeing our individual journeys, and if you can update yours as and when you get your results it will help us advise you in the future, do you know what your initial PSA figure was, as you don't seem to have stated it on here.

All the best

Roy
User
Posted 02 Apr 2015 at 13:29
Bladerunner your fear and anxiety reminds me a lot of how I was in the beginning of my OHs journey with pca. We were first told an irregularity had been detected during a routine colonoscopy. I remember researching and researching prostate abnormalities , playing with the medical meaning of words etc etc and come to the conclusion than an irregularity was actually different to simply an enlarged prostate. Then we had to wait for an appointment with the urologist. DRE by urologist found a firm nodule . Urologist said it could well be nothing serious but sent him for a biopsy which unfortunately confirmed cancer. Then a CT and a bone scan. Then the positive news that the cancer looked to be contained. We opted for surgery and the operation went very well and the histology was reassuring .. I had convinced myself in the beginning that my OH was going to die and die quickly. Thank goodness I found this site which helped me take one step at a time without becoming overwhelmed with panic. I know it is easy to say not to worry until you really know the true picture but if your journey has in fact begun you will cope with whatever comes with the help of the fine people here. All the best. Georgina