Know exactly what you want?
Show search

Notification

Error

Good Luck for Sunday, Paul (Healey)

User
Posted 06 May 2015 at 02:52

Hi,

I don't know if you've noticed that another brave member of our community is taking part in a race on Sunday to raise money for PCUK.

Paul (Healey) is running the Leeds Half Marathon in spite of his treatment which I know is not making it very easy for him to do so.

I think it would be nice for us all to show our support for the effort he is making to help us all and if you're able, to add a little to his sponsorship total.  I have run many races in the past and know how much it means to a runner to know that everyone is willing you on to get to the finishing line.

So, to Paul, I wish you all the luck in the world on Sunday and thank you.

Steve

(If you'd like to help sponsor Paul, his "Just Giving" link is www.justgiving.com/Paul-Jackson46)

User
Posted 06 May 2015 at 02:52

Hi,

I don't know if you've noticed that another brave member of our community is taking part in a race on Sunday to raise money for PCUK.

Paul (Healey) is running the Leeds Half Marathon in spite of his treatment which I know is not making it very easy for him to do so.

I think it would be nice for us all to show our support for the effort he is making to help us all and if you're able, to add a little to his sponsorship total.  I have run many races in the past and know how much it means to a runner to know that everyone is willing you on to get to the finishing line.

So, to Paul, I wish you all the luck in the world on Sunday and thank you.

Steve

(If you'd like to help sponsor Paul, his "Just Giving" link is www.justgiving.com/Paul-Jackson46)

User
Posted 06 May 2015 at 22:07
Paul

Best wishes for Sunday, you do put some of us to shame.

Good call Steve.

Thanks Chris

User
Posted 06 May 2015 at 22:16
Good luck, Paul, I will be thinking of you on Sunday. Take care, Janet
User
Posted 15 May 2015 at 03:22

hi paul

agree with you about the running, been out tonight with our little run group we actually went on a route which I had never been on before, and I have been running this area for along time, so just goes to prove their is always something different to challange you.

will be doing the leeds 10k in july for no other reason than I have never run it before,

and thought best do it whilst I fancy winning it(in my dreams) I hate paying so much for some of these events

keep those legs pounding the streets and enjoy

run long and prosper

'pooh how do you spell love'

'piglet you dont spell love -you just feel it'

Show Most Thanked Posts
User
Posted 06 May 2015 at 22:07
Paul

Best wishes for Sunday, you do put some of us to shame.

Good call Steve.

Thanks Chris

User
Posted 06 May 2015 at 22:16
Good luck, Paul, I will be thinking of you on Sunday. Take care, Janet
User
Posted 09 May 2015 at 23:48

Good Luck for tomorrow, Paul.

I'll be running with you, in spirit anyway, my cardiac consultant would get less stressed if I do it that way.

Let us know how you get on.

Steve

User
Posted 14 May 2015 at 21:38

I'm embarrassed that I've not found this string before I ran but thank you Steve and all for your good wishes.

I find that running is good to take your mind off things because even though I've nothing to tell me I have PCa it is on my mind and every little pain makes me thing its the PCa

Every time I cheat my diet and put a little sugar on my cornflakes or have chocs I think I'm feeding the PCa - I know it daft but is gnaws away at you.

Anyway the running does help but also it gets the blame for my slower times and it fights me in my mind when I'm at the points between pushing on or stopping to walk a little.
This year I walked 3 times whereas last year I got round in one.
This year my shoes had lead in them but I felt nothing from the PCa.

So I'm carrying on

I'll train through the summer and run my next run which is the Great North Run and try to better my last time.

I'll enter the Leeds again for 2016 in the hope I'll be fit enough and especially because I'll be in a different age group (70+) so if I keep my time I could aim to try and be fastest (who knows - maybe its a dream).

Who know?

Paul

User
Posted 15 May 2015 at 03:22

hi paul

agree with you about the running, been out tonight with our little run group we actually went on a route which I had never been on before, and I have been running this area for along time, so just goes to prove their is always something different to challange you.

will be doing the leeds 10k in july for no other reason than I have never run it before,

and thought best do it whilst I fancy winning it(in my dreams) I hate paying so much for some of these events

keep those legs pounding the streets and enjoy

run long and prosper

'pooh how do you spell love'

'piglet you dont spell love -you just feel it'