Show search

Notification

Error
<12

Things Aren't Working

User
Posted 26 Aug 2015 at 08:58
Hi Steve

Great news on the PSA front so one less thing to worry about, are you still on hormones, if so could the lack of testosterone be contributing to your problems?.

Take care

Roy

User
Posted 26 Aug 2015 at 09:06

Excellent, Steve - onwards and upwards, well, appart from your PSA count!!!

Paul

Stay Calm And Carry On.
User
Posted 26 Aug 2015 at 09:13

Great news Steve. It's good to see your psa so low.
I'm very happy for you.

Paul

Edited by member 26 Aug 2015 at 13:37  | Reason: Not specified

User
Posted 26 Aug 2015 at 09:19
Great PSA result Steve. Looking forward to hearing more good news from you.

Best wishes, Arthur

User
Posted 26 Aug 2015 at 09:32

Excellent news on the PSA front Steve.

Hope they sort that heart out PDQ.

Thinking of you while you sit in the loo typing away.

We have a grandson who disappeared (and still does) into the bathroom the minute he got home from school/college and now work.
He would be in there so long I would be concerned (our daughter had colo rectal cancer) although nobody else seemed bothered.

It turned out that sitting on the loo was where the highest wifi signal could be obtained!!!

We can't control the winds - but we can adjust our sails
User
Posted 26 Aug 2015 at 11:27

Thank you all for your replies.

I'm in the WiFi zone (the bathroom).  Thought I'd give you an update.

I was admitted because my GP thought I should be when I spoke to him on the phone (couldn't get an appointment).  I'd not had any chest pain for ages and then suddenly, last week, I started to have periods of chest pains three or four times a day. Using my GTN spray got rid of them but I wanted to see my GP just discuss the sudden change.  He decided to send an ambulance to take me to Cardiac Care which I thought was a total over reaction because I'd not even had chest pain on Monday.  I wanted to drive there but he wouldn't let me.  Anyway I had all the tests when I arrived and they decided I should stay in.  I've spent the whole time in the acute ward, which again, I haven't needed to be in as I've only had one incident of chest pain while I've been in (ten minutes after I did the treadmill test).  My troponin test came back normal so I'm surprised I'm still in.

Anyway, I've just been seen by the consultant and she said that I am being discharged today with a change of medications and an additional one.  She said she's going to arrange for me to have another angiogram, maybe in October or November but she was concerned to see if the meds worked first.  She said my blood pressure should be fairly normal after the stents were put into my coronary arteries after my heart attack but was unhappy that it was still high.  She said it shouldn't be like that.  Anyway, I'll be glad to get home again.

Have to sign off, a nurse has just knocked on the door to ask if I'm ok.

Steve

User
Posted 26 Aug 2015 at 12:52

Well, your GP was playing safe ans so he should.
We'd all be up in arms if we found out that you'd had pain, he told you not to worry and you popped your clogs now wouldn't we. !
I know it's frustrating but as has been proved by the consultant's comments - something isn't quite right.

Hopefully the new meds will help sort you out. Fingers crossed anyway.

All the best Steve - and WELCOME HOME!!

We can't control the winds - but we can adjust our sails
User
Posted 26 Aug 2015 at 20:35

Steve love the news about the PSA by the way I had a heart attack back in 98 had a stent fitted and a ballon inflation in another artery been all good since then ,

good luck with yours Steve

Barry

User
Posted 26 Aug 2015 at 20:40

Hi,

Home now. 

Really tired, heading to bed for a sleep.  I can never understand why, after spending three days in bed, you can feel so tired.  It happens everytime.

Steve 

User
Posted 26 Aug 2015 at 22:09
Hi Steve

I've read through your posts this evening. It's hardly surprising you feel tired! Being tired is not just a result of physical exhaustion, but of mental exhaustion too. You've had cancer. You've had heart attacks. It's not surprising you're depressed, and it's not surprising you're tired. I feel tired for you.

Stop beating yourself up. Give yourself some recovery time. Spend some time trying to think of other ways you can make some money from your photography without the high pressure of weddings. Last thing you need at the moment is a bridezilla.

A few years ago, I had a few episodes of extreme panic attacks. One of my friends said that the best way to overcome anxiety in any form is to sit on the floor with your back against a wall. Look around you. Say out loud 5 things you can see, 4 things you can hear, 3 things you can touch 2 things you can smell and one thing you can taste. Take a deep breath between each one. It works for me.

I don't know you, and I don't presume to know how you feel, but I can imagine how I would feel if I had to deal with what you have had to deal with. And I imagine I would feel depressed, tired, fed up, worried and frightened.

One thing I have learned in the past few months is that there is no normal recovery time. Just normal for you.

Louise x

User
Posted 26 Aug 2015 at 23:24

Steve

Just to say we are thinking of you love Chris and Dawn.

User
Posted 31 Aug 2015 at 21:31
Hi Steve

I'm just catching up on posts from the last week, I hope that you're now feeling much better.

Maureen x

"You're braver than you believe, stronger than you seem and smarter than you think." A A Milne