I'm interested in conversations about and I want to talk about
Know exactly what you want?
Show search

Notification

Error

help at work

User
Posted 22 Jul 2015 at 07:22

have been asked today if I can make a list of how the company can help me at work, my work is based in an office, I was wondering if anyone else as been asked this and what arrangements have been put in place, the list I am compiling doesn't seem very big

Extra break, passenger assistance, spare shift workers to help out and better cooling system

have already been told that as and when required I can cut my work week down with no loss of pay

nidge

run long and prosper

'pooh how do you spell love'

'piglet you dont spell love -you just feel it'

User
Posted 22 Jul 2015 at 17:49

Can't help you there Nidge but I'm very impressed with them supporting you so much, must be an excellent Company to work for.

I think if I were still working I'd just be asking for flexibility in working hours, time off for appointments, good ventilation at your work place, someone to talk to in private if you needed to, I don't know your full circumstances so this all might not be of much use but I thought I'd try.

Hope it all works out ok

Paul

User
Posted 22 Jul 2015 at 17:59

Hi Nidge

Good that you have understanding employer which I am sure that it will be essential as treatment goes on. I am not sure of too many things being required but one I am sure will be good access to a toilet quickly as I know with my situation I get a sudden urge to go and it has to be "now" so working close to a loo may be better for you.

I am sure others will come up with something else for you to be prepared about.

I wish you well with your treatment and work arrangements

Chris/Woody

Life is even differently upside down, take another viewpoint

User
Posted 22 Jul 2015 at 19:15

thank you for help, yep its a difficult one, toilet I have full access to.

also ordered a sample of the mens tena pads, not for work but at night especially when I have popped to the loo, tend to sometimes leak after.

nidge

run long and prosper

User
Posted 22 Jul 2015 at 23:09
Nidge, great advice already from others in addition

you might want to think about your workplace comfort, is your current chair adjustable in height and tilt, does it have arms and maybe a head rest that if you need to just sit back for a while you can.

In my old workplace we used to joke that a chair with arms meant junior management, one with a full headrest and padded arms etc meant senior management and the laether one with super padding, a whole width shoulder and head rest and a slot for the coffee mug was the Boss's chair.!!

Fexibility to pop out and take some air if you need it withut someone asking why, and only as much info shared with your workmates as you are happy to deal with. Your employees sound like they are top banana so your confidentiality will be paramount along with your well being. You are a loyal and hard working person so they will do all they can to look after you, they obviously want you there for the long term which is so good to hear.

love hearing about employers like this

xx

Mo

User
Posted 23 Jul 2015 at 05:03

hi mo

the chairs I have are ok, tend to stand up though, as i find it easier at the ticket window, boss told me if I need to at any time close my window and take what time I need.

all my workmates are aware of my condition

nidge

run long and prosper