Know exactly what you want?
Show search

Notification

Error

off on hols soon

User
Posted 05 Aug 2015 at 07:33

morning all

well it will soon be sunday and off on the big bird to see the grandkids, its going to be emotional not seen them for 4 years, off to drs today for a chat before I fly, taking ibuprofen a little bit more than I was a few weeks ago, need to find out if he thinks it may be due to my first 3month zoladex implant or if I should take some stronger painkillers with me on holiday, as the grandkids are young and active and I dont want to be a stick in the mud.

want them to remember me with good thoughts and not that boring sod who didnt do anything, my son says he has told them how I am but at the ages of 7 and 9 not sure how much they will understand

aim is grandpa time and lots of fun

nidge

run long and prosper

'pooh how do you spell love'

'piglet you dont spell love -you just feel it'

User
Posted 05 Aug 2015 at 15:59

Nidge
Sounds lovely ! Four years will be emotional and they will see and hence "feel" your happiness. Kids sense feelings. My sister is visiting from Dubai with my two nephews , along with my dad who hasn't seen me since op. Quite emotional here too. And our family holiday Friday only marred by a possible bad results day Wednesday.
Have a lovely time and safe journey. Family is so important
Chris

User
Posted 05 Aug 2015 at 18:15

Nidge,  

Have a great holiday and enjoy the grandchildren, but please remember, painkillers are taken for a reason, to alleviate pain.  Pain is there for a reason, it's your body's communication system telling your head that it you are hurting, and that will also be for a reason.   Maybe something is suffering.

Hope you have taken lots of spare meds with you?  Wouldn't want to have to buy meds out there.  I suspect it would cost an arm and a leg?

atb

dave 

All we can do - is do all that we can.

So, do all you can to help yourself, then make the best of your time. :-)

I am the statistic.

Show Most Thanked Posts
User
Posted 05 Aug 2015 at 15:41
Have fun Nidge

wherever it is you are off to it is always a good idea to take your latest prescription (the paper one you get given back to you) with all your current meds on it. The brand names of the drugs can vary from one country to another but the prescribed term is usually understood globally.

If you are worried about pain meds it is worth asking your local pharmacist what you can take in combination that might give you a better and longer lasting result. Ibuprofen is not always the best for boney aches and pains and sometimes taking cocodamol or just paracetamol orally for boney aches and using a topical gel for muscle aches gives a better result.

Safe travels and have a wonderful time with your family

xx

Mo

User
Posted 05 Aug 2015 at 15:59

Nidge
Sounds lovely ! Four years will be emotional and they will see and hence "feel" your happiness. Kids sense feelings. My sister is visiting from Dubai with my two nephews , along with my dad who hasn't seen me since op. Quite emotional here too. And our family holiday Friday only marred by a possible bad results day Wednesday.
Have a lovely time and safe journey. Family is so important
Chris

User
Posted 05 Aug 2015 at 17:20

Have a great holiday Nidge enjoy yourself Andy

User
Posted 05 Aug 2015 at 17:26

Hi Nidge,

Hope you have a really great holiday, and the weather is good.  You deserve a break. 

Enjoy every moment with the grandkids, take lots of photos and make it really special.

Have a safe journey.

Steve

User
Posted 05 Aug 2015 at 18:07

doc has given me a letter stating all my medication and future treatment also some co codermol as well to tkae with the iburofen

he is a real good guy always checks that I have got what I need

nidge

run long and prosper

'pooh how do you spell love'

'piglet you dont spell love -you just feel it'

User
Posted 05 Aug 2015 at 18:15

Nidge,  

Have a great holiday and enjoy the grandchildren, but please remember, painkillers are taken for a reason, to alleviate pain.  Pain is there for a reason, it's your body's communication system telling your head that it you are hurting, and that will also be for a reason.   Maybe something is suffering.

Hope you have taken lots of spare meds with you?  Wouldn't want to have to buy meds out there.  I suspect it would cost an arm and a leg?

atb

dave 

All we can do - is do all that we can.

So, do all you can to help yourself, then make the best of your time. :-)

I am the statistic.

User
Posted 11 Aug 2015 at 15:16

I have only just seen your post.  Hope you have a fantastic holiday and enjoy being with your grandkids :-)