I'm interested in conversations about and I want to talk about
Know exactly what you want?
Show search

Notification

Error

Delays and more delays

User
Posted 23 Aug 2015 at 17:00
Following my TURP procedure 18weeks ago I had planned a ct scan for the tatoos on Tuesday 11th Aug with RT due to start on 25th. Scan went ahead on the day but phone call later to say needs doing again as I had not drunk enough water!!!

Wed morning was at work 7-00 at a hospital, fortunately, felt extremely ill and in pain. A nurse that we knew said to go to A and E get it checked out, duly went there and booked in at 7-45. I had ct scan, blood tests and X-ray. By midday was sat in a bed on a ward having been told that my gall bladder was infected and needed antibiotics.

It turned that after a further two days on orimorph to combat pain that I needed emergency surgery to remove said Gall bladder, surgeon informed me after that it had burst and was in a right mess. Came out 2 days later on Sunday evening.

New ct scan now on for 25th August and RT to start on 14th Sept, fingers crossed.

It never rains but it pours hey ho

Just keeping folk informed, regards Chris/Woody

Life seems different seen upside down take another viewpoint

User
Posted 23 Aug 2015 at 19:41

Ah Chris poor you.

Nasty thing to have happened.

Hope you recover asap.
All the best
Sandra

We can't control the winds - but we can adjust our sails
User
Posted 24 Aug 2015 at 20:19
Chris

ouch, poor you. Not what you had planned post TURP and pre RT.

Thank goodness you were in the right place at the right time to get it all sorted out quickly.

I hope you have no more setbacks and that your RT can go ahead as planned in mid September.

al the best

xx

Mo

User
Posted 25 Aug 2015 at 22:41
Hi Chris

I know how you feel, the very same thing happened to me. Had to take Movicol and enemas for 2 weeks.The second time around they said my bowel wasn't quite empty but the Oncologist looked at the scan and much to my relief said it was ok. Didn't really want to go to and from London until it was right.

Hope it goes well for you next time.

Arthur

User
Posted 11 Sep 2015 at 23:00
Hi

I've only just seen this thread, my husband couldn't have his CT & tattoos when planned as his bladder hadn't stretched enough then when he went back 2 days later there was too much "gas", fortunately the enema he was given worked - all in all it took nearly 3 hours from arrival as he had to have 2 x 45 minute waits plus a lot of hanging around to get a second CT slot.

He was the same as you, just glad to get going with the actual radiography sessions - today was day 4 of 25.

Good luck with your treatment.

Maureen

"You're braver than you believe, stronger than you seem and smarter than you think." A A Milne
User
Posted 14 Sep 2015 at 20:48

That's it now, I have finally started my RT treatment today and feeling really positive about things. As far as I am concerned "things can only get better" as the song goes and " the only way is up" as the other song goes....

Great feeling this good, my wife and I are sat at home enjoying each other's company and chillaxing.

Will keep posting

Cheers all, Chris/Woody

Life seems different upside down, take another viewpoint

User
Posted 15 Sep 2015 at 07:34

good to hear that things can only get better

nidge

run long and prosper

'pooh how do you spell love'

'piglet you dont spell love -you just feel it'

User
Posted 15 Sep 2015 at 08:26

Its great to hear you have all that positivity going on . If you could bottle it .....
Best wishes Chris

Show Most Thanked Posts
User
Posted 23 Aug 2015 at 19:41

Ah Chris poor you.

Nasty thing to have happened.

Hope you recover asap.
All the best
Sandra

We can't control the winds - but we can adjust our sails
User
Posted 24 Aug 2015 at 20:19
Chris

ouch, poor you. Not what you had planned post TURP and pre RT.

Thank goodness you were in the right place at the right time to get it all sorted out quickly.

I hope you have no more setbacks and that your RT can go ahead as planned in mid September.

al the best

xx

Mo

User
Posted 25 Aug 2015 at 21:13

Thanks Sandra and Mo, must say I am a bit pee'd off and to cap it all today at the hospital for my retake of a scan they said I had too much in my bowel to complete it properly (having had four bowel emptying sessions before hand) they gave me a suppository and to wait 40minutes so they could try again, I had already drunk one and a half litres of water but would need to pass a motion and drink another 500mls while waiting. Forty minutes goes incredibly slow when you are desperate for a wee!!

Finally went back in and had half a scan before they said I still had too much in my bowel.. They have prescribed Movicol for 30 days and I now have to go back next tues to see if I can complete this simple task.

Most of my mates have said that they knew that I was full of s**t anyway this just confirms it..

Hey Ho, Chris/Woody

Life seems different upside down take another viewpoint

User
Posted 25 Aug 2015 at 22:41
Hi Chris

I know how you feel, the very same thing happened to me. Had to take Movicol and enemas for 2 weeks.The second time around they said my bowel wasn't quite empty but the Oncologist looked at the scan and much to my relief said it was ok. Didn't really want to go to and from London until it was right.

Hope it goes well for you next time.

Arthur

User
Posted 11 Sep 2015 at 20:27

After another 2 scans I finally have the go ahead date for my RT and it is Monday 14th and for some strange reason I am looking forward to it.. It seems to me that when this is over in 7and a half weeks all I have to pray for is that the regular blood checks and PSA readings to be remaining low.

Fingers crossed and all other bits as well.

Chris/Woody

Life seems different upside down, take another viewpoint.

User
Posted 11 Sep 2015 at 23:00
Hi

I've only just seen this thread, my husband couldn't have his CT & tattoos when planned as his bladder hadn't stretched enough then when he went back 2 days later there was too much "gas", fortunately the enema he was given worked - all in all it took nearly 3 hours from arrival as he had to have 2 x 45 minute waits plus a lot of hanging around to get a second CT slot.

He was the same as you, just glad to get going with the actual radiography sessions - today was day 4 of 25.

Good luck with your treatment.

Maureen

"You're braver than you believe, stronger than you seem and smarter than you think." A A Milne
User
Posted 14 Sep 2015 at 20:48

That's it now, I have finally started my RT treatment today and feeling really positive about things. As far as I am concerned "things can only get better" as the song goes and " the only way is up" as the other song goes....

Great feeling this good, my wife and I are sat at home enjoying each other's company and chillaxing.

Will keep posting

Cheers all, Chris/Woody

Life seems different upside down, take another viewpoint

User
Posted 15 Sep 2015 at 07:34

good to hear that things can only get better

nidge

run long and prosper

'pooh how do you spell love'

'piglet you dont spell love -you just feel it'

User
Posted 15 Sep 2015 at 08:26

Its great to hear you have all that positivity going on . If you could bottle it .....
Best wishes Chris