Know exactly what you want?
Show search

Notification

Error

PAGE NOT FOUND MESSAGE

User
Posted 27 Aug 2015 at 23:04

Anyone else getting "PAGE NOT FOUND"

On this page I get a message saying I can still contact the online community and I do so and then get in - like this in fact

Page not found

The page you're looking for isn't here. It may have moved or deleted by a member or moderator.

You may be able to find what you want by searching or by browsing our Topic areas.

Or you can start again from your online community home page.

We can't control the winds - but we can adjust our sails
User
Posted 28 Aug 2015 at 09:58

Hi, Johsan - 

Can you tell me how you got to the error message?

Thanks,

James

User
Posted 28 Aug 2015 at 11:47

Got same page not found message using my normal Bookmark for log in to this site  but got  http://community.prostatecanceruk.org/PageNotFound.html?aspxerrorpath=/Default.aspx  got round it by using community link on not found page. This is the first time this has happened to me after countless times.  I am using Firefox. I also tried  the site using Chrome and just got 'Not found' with no links at all.

Edited by member 28 Aug 2015 at 12:09  | Reason: Not specified

Barry
User
Posted 28 Aug 2015 at 11:51

The error seems to occur if running from a bookmark (in Safari on an iPad anyway) directly to the community page. The URL attached to the bookmark should be "http://community.prostatecanceruk.org/" but I found that mine had a load of numeric trailing arguments as well. Removing these did the trick. Also I deleted all of the history in the browser to stop loading the page from a local source rather than the remote one.

The problem must have been caused by a) bookmarking the original page without looking at the URL it stored and b) whatever the arguments related to having changed about 24 hours ago. It's a downside of address fields in browsers giving the "friendly" page location these days.

Hope this helps.

Tony

TURP then LRP in 2009/2010. Lots of leakage but PSA < 0.1 AMS-800 Artificial Sphincter activated 2015.

User
Posted 28 Aug 2015 at 11:57

Originally Posted by: Online Community Member

Hi, Johsan - 

Can you tell me how you got to the error message?

Thanks,

James

Just by going to the page James.

I do stay logged in, so thinking that was the problem I logged out and started again but got the same message.  I will try what Tony says about taking the history out and see if that helps.

I have gone onto Windows 10 (Laptop) but have very few problems with it, although I have had to do one system restore

User
Posted 28 Aug 2015 at 12:37

S

I tried win10 and hit a few problems.

I could get into the subject section of a PM but not get into the message part of the PM.

On another occasion I lost a complete post when I hit the cursor key, so re-typed it in word and tried to paste it into the post, but it said my browser (edge) did not support copy and paste, I then emailed the copied text to myself,copied it from the email and when I pasted it into the post it converted to a page of symbols. I then went onto a win7 machine and pasted from the email into the post with no issues.

Thanks Chris   

User
Posted 28 Aug 2015 at 13:13

Hi, all - 

We did a bit of work on the main site from 3-4pm yesterday, but weren't expecting any aftereffects on the community. In future, we'll make sure to post about it here.

Tony has it. If you normally come to the forums through a bookmark or history item and you're experiencing problems, it may be because you've got additional characters after the address that no longer refer to anything. Please use this URL:

http://community.prostatecanceruk.org/

That's the same link that's on the homepage, if you click on the green 'Join the conversation' button.

Cheers,

James

User
Posted 28 Aug 2015 at 13:38

All sorted.
Many thanks everyone

User
Posted 28 Aug 2015 at 15:04

Amended Bookmark and now OK

Barry