Notification

Error

have you had a good day

User
Posted 28 Sep 2015 at 18:54
Today has been a good day managed just under 6 miles longest run for awhile

Helped wife with a bit of housework n shopping and did some gardening

Northern rail have sent out a press release on me and how I am

Got a commitee meeting tonight at our running club as iur half marathon is looming at end of october

Been a busy day but i managed to gave a nod for an hour

Hope yours was as good

Nidge

run long and prosper

'pooh how do you spell love'

'piglet you dont spell love -you just feel it'

User
Posted 29 Sep 2015 at 02:36

Hi Nidge,

I'm pleased you had a good day.

My good day happened yesterday (Sunday) when I saw my son and his friends complete the London to Brighton Bike Ride to raise money for Prostate Cancer UK. 

I'm so proud of all of them, especially my son, who he found it very hard going.  I knew that all the pain they put themselves through, was because of me, even though it will benefit all of us here and many others.

It was a true highlight of this year and made me realise that I must do something to fundraise even though I'm struggling with fatigue. 

I hope you have many more good days. 

Steve

User
Posted 29 Sep 2015 at 19:02

Hi Nidge
It's always good to hear you've had a good day.
Sounds like your selection of good stuff was well balanced.
Well done for doing a 6 miler.

Me well I went swimming. I always struggle with getting my breathing right in swimming, whether it's something to do with timing it the same as running or my inability to swim.
Anyway I managed 0.75 km.
Then I had a nap for 2 hrs
And that was my day

I hope you have many more good days Nidge

Paul

User
Posted 29 Sep 2015 at 20:28

Hi Nidge,

That's great news.  Just what you were after.

Hope it goes well for you.

Steve

User
Posted 29 Sep 2015 at 20:42

So pleased for you Nidge,

Guess i will not be seeing you soon at city hospital http://community.prostatecanceruk.org/editors/tiny_mce/plugins/emoticons/img/smiley-cry.gif

Hope it all goes well

Si

Don't deny the diagnosis; try to defy the verdict
User
Posted 29 Sep 2015 at 21:32

Nidge
The whole process is fraught with ups and downs isn't it. So glad that in the end you have got what you wanted. Best wishes
Chris

User
Posted 29 Sep 2015 at 22:44

Nidge
I'm really glad that you are going to get the treatment you wanted and I hope it all goes well for you.
All the best
Paul

User
Posted 01 Oct 2015 at 20:01

hi all

well had the chemo got all the advice on what to be careful of and the extra tablets, look like buying a man bag to carry it all in

the nurses where fantastic and so was my daughter who took me, we are going to share the taking me to hospital round the family

been out for a little run, going into work tomorrow on a short shift

nige

run long and prosper

User
Posted 02 Oct 2015 at 00:23

Nidge
If you haven't already done so ask your chemo nurses for a car parking voucher which you can use to get your parking ticket validated for a free exit every visit so saving you much money. My NHS trust provide them for chemo and onco patients.

Paul

Edited by member 02 Oct 2015 at 00:25  | Reason: Not specified

User
Posted 02 Oct 2015 at 07:05
Well done on getting out there again running and taking on the chemo, after my load of chemo and RT the results are that I have no detectable cancer from a full body MRI ( whilst I know it's just dormant while HT is working) so the quacks do know their stuff so do stick it out if it gets tough. Don't over do it though re work, no point being a martyr ( unless you have to).

Kev

Dream like you have forever, live like you only have today Avatar is me doing the 600 mile Camino de Santiago May 2019

Show Most Thanked Posts
User
Posted 28 Sep 2015 at 19:14

Good to see life is picking up a bit for you Nidge. (and glad that your wife gets to benefit too !!)

Like yours, a busy day but it's mainly packing and sorting as we go away on Friday for two weeks. Only discovered a little while ago that as a car was included we are expected to pick it up at the airport and drive ourselves to the place we are staying.
Never occurred to me !! DOH! I did all the paperwork but didn't read the small print and made an assumption.

We haven't driven abroad for years so it will be an interesting experience, to say the least.

Long may your "feel good" continue

We can't control the winds - but we can adjust our sails
User
Posted 28 Sep 2015 at 20:55
Big "wifie points" for helping with the housework! 😉

I've been going with Steve to his RT appointments but missed today as I had an important meeting to attend, unfortunately for Steve when he got to the hospital he found there was an hour delay - luckily I didn't go as that would've been an extra hour for me to make up!

Glad you've been able to have a long run 👍

Maureen

"You're braver than you believe, stronger than you seem and smarter than you think." A A Milne
User
Posted 29 Sep 2015 at 02:36

Hi Nidge,

I'm pleased you had a good day.

My good day happened yesterday (Sunday) when I saw my son and his friends complete the London to Brighton Bike Ride to raise money for Prostate Cancer UK. 

I'm so proud of all of them, especially my son, who he found it very hard going.  I knew that all the pain they put themselves through, was because of me, even though it will benefit all of us here and many others.

It was a true highlight of this year and made me realise that I must do something to fundraise even though I'm struggling with fatigue. 

I hope you have many more good days. 

Steve

User
Posted 29 Sep 2015 at 19:02

Hi Nidge
It's always good to hear you've had a good day.
Sounds like your selection of good stuff was well balanced.
Well done for doing a 6 miler.

Me well I went swimming. I always struggle with getting my breathing right in swimming, whether it's something to do with timing it the same as running or my inability to swim.
Anyway I managed 0.75 km.
Then I had a nap for 2 hrs
And that was my day

I hope you have many more good days Nidge

Paul

User
Posted 29 Sep 2015 at 20:08

had an even better day today

went for results of CT scan told no further spread

then told I could have the docetaxel chemo, if I still wanted it, so I said no thanks

as if I did

My first session is this Thursday will believe it when I have the needle in my arm

its been a bit like she loves me she loves me not

nidge

run long and prosper

User
Posted 29 Sep 2015 at 20:28

Hi Nidge,

That's great news.  Just what you were after.

Hope it goes well for you.

Steve

User
Posted 29 Sep 2015 at 20:42

So pleased for you Nidge,

Guess i will not be seeing you soon at city hospital http://community.prostatecanceruk.org/editors/tiny_mce/plugins/emoticons/img/smiley-cry.gif

Hope it all goes well

Si

Don't deny the diagnosis; try to defy the verdict
User
Posted 29 Sep 2015 at 21:32

Nidge
The whole process is fraught with ups and downs isn't it. So glad that in the end you have got what you wanted. Best wishes
Chris

User
Posted 29 Sep 2015 at 22:44

Nidge
I'm really glad that you are going to get the treatment you wanted and I hope it all goes well for you.
All the best
Paul

User
Posted 01 Oct 2015 at 20:01

hi all

well had the chemo got all the advice on what to be careful of and the extra tablets, look like buying a man bag to carry it all in

the nurses where fantastic and so was my daughter who took me, we are going to share the taking me to hospital round the family

been out for a little run, going into work tomorrow on a short shift

nige

run long and prosper

User
Posted 01 Oct 2015 at 22:32

Hi Nidge,

Well done. 

Keep fighting.....and running.

Steve

User
Posted 02 Oct 2015 at 00:23

Nidge
If you haven't already done so ask your chemo nurses for a car parking voucher which you can use to get your parking ticket validated for a free exit every visit so saving you much money. My NHS trust provide them for chemo and onco patients.

Paul

Edited by member 02 Oct 2015 at 00:25  | Reason: Not specified

User
Posted 02 Oct 2015 at 07:05
Well done on getting out there again running and taking on the chemo, after my load of chemo and RT the results are that I have no detectable cancer from a full body MRI ( whilst I know it's just dormant while HT is working) so the quacks do know their stuff so do stick it out if it gets tough. Don't over do it though re work, no point being a martyr ( unless you have to).

Kev

Dream like you have forever, live like you only have today Avatar is me doing the 600 mile Camino de Santiago May 2019

User
Posted 11 Oct 2015 at 18:38

After hiking and camping for over 40 days on the GR10 in France recently I genuinely believed that while hiking I had many bad days and a few good ones. I was often too hot, too cold, too wet, it was too foggy or too hilly up and certainly too hilly down. My mood was to be depressed one minute, the next elated! When I look back now all I can remember is what a great time I had, so much so, I now want to do it again next year. Mood is an odd thing, I refuse to go around in ever decreasing circles and let moods get the better of me. As regards MY cancer, I just work on the principle what will be, will be, in the meantime I will just try to get on with my life and hope I can remain active for as long as I can.