I'm interested in conversations about and I want to talk about
Know exactly what you want?
Show search

Notification

Error

antioxidants feeds cancer cells

User
Posted 18 Oct 2015 at 10:55

anyone heard the new story that antioxidants feeds cancer cells.if you have not got cancer antioxidants will help you,but if you have cancer antioxidants feeds cancer cells.what next.oh well back to fry ups.

User
Posted 18 Oct 2015 at 20:37

I've always thought that antioxidants help prevent cancer not cause it

We can't control the winds - but we can adjust our sails
User
Posted 19 Oct 2015 at 09:30

yeah,what it says is that if you dont have cancer antioxidants can help you but if you have cancer they can make it spread more quickly,because they are good for cancer cells as they are healthy cells,new report by scientists,dont know what to think as i always take antioxidants like q10,curcumin,vit d3and k2 green tea extract, milk thistle,dim, astragalus. any thoughts please.

User
Posted 19 Oct 2015 at 09:49

Here's the link...

http://www.nature.com/news/antioxidants-speed-cancer-in-mice-1.14606

as Flexi takes his Pomi-T, Vit D, Pectasol-C, Grapeseed extract, green tea morning cocktail!

Flexi

Edited by member 19 Oct 2015 at 10:04  | Reason: Not specified

User
Posted 19 Oct 2015 at 10:01

just google scientists say antioxidants may make cancer spread more quickly.

User
Posted 19 Oct 2015 at 11:03

radar don't read too much into those kind of headlines. Most often the press leave out the detail which if included would paint a very different picture. Also bear in mind the dose given to produce such results which is often right of the scale one would normally take.

Ray

User
Posted 19 Oct 2015 at 13:00

i will carry on taking my curcumin extract and mcp,among others that a lot of other people take,when you read that report it sounds as though cancer patients would be better off eating fry ups and what have you.

User
Posted 19 Oct 2015 at 17:10

Talking about antioxidants, does anyone have any idea if aloe vera is a good supplement. I have been told that aloe vera extract is good for you, don't know if there is any proof of this.