I'm interested in conversations about and I want to talk about
Know exactly what you want?
Show search

Notification

Error

'Hard' prostrate gland

User
Posted 23 Oct 2015 at 11:45
Hi all thank you for allowing me to air my concerns. I'm a new member and may not have posted this under the correct subject - apologies in advance. Yesterday I attended hospital for kidney stone related problems. Whist there the consultant carried out a routine rectal examination. He told me that my prostrate was very hard and, although it could be as a result of my kidney condition, it's more likely an indication of cancer. He told me that I'll be having a biopsy in 6-8 weeks time. I've many questions but my main one at this stage is: Has anyone been in a similar position and had their biopsy show clear.
User
Posted 23 Oct 2015 at 13:18
Hi and welcome Trevol

Hardness of prostate gland combined with PSA level would give a more informed guide (not diagnosis). Do you know what that is?

Might be worthwhile you downloading the Toolkit from this site.

Ray

User
Posted 23 Oct 2015 at 17:24

Welcome to the site Trevol, unfortunately you are going to have to go down all the same route as the rest of us on here to find out if you have this terrible disease, each step on the diagnosis road is closer to discovering wether or not and how bad , if you do have it.

Having an ordinary biopsy may show no cancer cells but it does not mean cancer is not there, it's just not there in the biopsies taken,unless you have a MRI and probably a bone scan and then a targeted biopsy if something shows, this will tell all the experts what is happening and be able to treat you properly

Waiting for results is dreadful as well

Hope you get good news.

Regards Chris/Woody

Life seems different upside down, take another viewpoint

User
Posted 23 Oct 2015 at 17:37

Thanks for the quick responses and your well wishes. Yea, the prospect of having to wait 8-10 weeks before I know the result is fairly daunting. I promised my wife I wouldn't worry until I know if there is, indeed, anything to worry about, but it's proving to be very difficult as most, if not all, members of this forum will know. I'll keep you posted as things progress.