I'm interested in conversations about and I want to talk about
Know exactly what you want?
Show search

Notification

Error

Donating a mobility scooter

User
Posted 26 Oct 2015 at 19:28
Hi not sure if anyone can help! My dad passed away from Prostate Cancer on the 5th October but before he passed he was using a mobility scooter. After his funeral today it dawned on me that id like to donate his scooter to someone living with prostate cancer if it would help?

Does anybody know how I can do that or if it would even be of use?

Thanks

Steph

Edited by member 26 Oct 2015 at 19:28  | Reason: Not specified

User
Posted 26 Oct 2015 at 19:34
So sorry to hear of you losing your Dad. Perhaps, if there are no suggestions or people wanting a mobility scooter, you could sell it and donate it to 'Movember' or Prostate cancer charity ?

User
Posted 26 Oct 2015 at 19:38
Thank you. I may do that if I don't get any further comments, thank you for the idea.

Thanks again

User
Posted 26 Oct 2015 at 19:39

Hi Steph, I hope today went well - it is amazing that you can think about other people on such a difficult day.

If no-one here needs the scooter, I suspect your local hospice or McMillan nurses will know of someone who can't afford to buy one.

"Life can only be understood backwards; but it must be lived forwards." Soren Kierkegaard

User
Posted 26 Oct 2015 at 19:43
Thank you Lyn. The idea just dawned on me so thought I'd act upon it.

That's also a lovely idea. I would like it to go to a good home.

Thank you

User
Posted 26 Oct 2015 at 19:51

Just to say sorry for your loss.

I hope today wasn't too difficult for you, although your dad's sudden death must have been a dreadful shock.

Best Wishes for the future and here's hoping that happier memories will help you through this sad time

We can't control the winds - but we can adjust our sails
User
Posted 26 Oct 2015 at 19:55
Thank you-it was such a shock. My dad hasn't even been diagnosed so we didn't know quite how unwell he was.

He had a beautiful day today and he was definitely in the sunshine.

Thank you

User
Posted 26 Oct 2015 at 21:47

Hi Steph,

When my partner died last year, I re-homed the lightweight wheelchair we had bought  to the local Macmillan centre. They were delighted as to my disbelief, they only had one old, heavy wheelchair to use which was uncomfortable for staff to push. I am sure  a hospice or similar centre would  appreciate your mobility scooter !

Fiona. x

User
Posted 27 Oct 2015 at 04:45

love the idea of you donating dads scooter, it does seem that McMillian would be a good place to ask

nidge

run long and prosper

'pooh how do you spell love'

'piglet you dont spell love -you just feel it'

User
Posted 27 Oct 2015 at 04:54
Hi Fiona,

That's really lovely to hear, thank you I will look for somewhere close by!

Thanks x

User
Posted 27 Oct 2015 at 04:55
Thank you-I think that will be my first port of call!