Know exactly what you want?
Show search

Notification

Error

Pains some 11 months post surgery

User
Posted 27 Nov 2015 at 06:06
Hi all

I had a radical prostatectomy back in Jan of this year. Unfortunately my cancer had already spread and was deemed to be well into my lymph system.

I have been on Bicalutamine since post op and my PSA is still a healthy .02.

These last days though I have had excruciating pain in my groin.

Just wondered if anyone had any advise?

Thanks in advance.

User
Posted 27 Nov 2015 at 10:05

Hi Trev my op was June but had already spread to lymphs. Unfortunately my psa post op rose to 2.4 within 3 months. I'm on Bicalutamide also awaiting RT April. I have very bad pain at my bladder 6 months on and although no pain in groin I can't feel anything around there whatsoever. Not even a pin. Hopefully it's just a twinge for you but make sure you chase it up. My team always seem to be very helpful. I hope yours are.
Best luck
Chris

User
Posted 27 Nov 2015 at 11:05

Hi, My husband has stage 3 locally advanced prostate cancer, with a gleason reading of 9. He was been catheterised for about 6 weeks, and is hopefully due to have it removed next week. He has developed a pain in his right side, he is reluctant to seek advice. I am also aware he is very scared of having the catheter removed, he has had problems with retention twice since his biopsy.I am sensitive enough not to push him, and realise his fears.   He is keeping his feelings well nailed down, not like him. I think he's worried that i may not cope with his fears. i would value views and advice please. Thanks Leila 

User
Posted 27 Nov 2015 at 12:18

Hi Trev,
men have an increased risk of hernia after radical prostatectomy, particularly if they have overdone things a bit. Alternatively, you could have a urine infection maybe, or retention - are you weeing properly?

Any which way, best to see your GP

"Life can only be understood backwards; but it must be lived forwards." Soren Kierkegaard

User
Posted 27 Nov 2015 at 15:21

HI Trev

I had an inguinal hernia about a year on from prostatectomy (that's one right down in the groin). It hurt like hell, but there was a discernable lump and it was possible, with gentle pressure, to get it back in place. Eventually it needed surgery, no trouble since. Do get the pain checked out because if it is a hernia and it becomes strangulated, things can become nasty. Any suspicion of this and head straight for A&E.

Tony

TURP then LRP in 2009/2010. Lots of leakage but PSA < 0.1 AMS-800 Artificial Sphincter activated 2015.