I'm interested in conversations about and I want to talk about
Know exactly what you want?
Show search

Notification

Error

christmas day

User
Posted 25 Dec 2015 at 03:10

Morning HAPPY CHRISTMAS every one, heres hoping for to a few more, enjoy the day with your family  http://community.prostatecanceruk.org/editors/tiny_mce/plugins/emoticons/img/smiley-laughing.gif

regards

nidge

run long and prosper

'pooh how do you spell love'

'piglet you dont spell love -you just feel it'

User
Posted 25 Dec 2015 at 23:10

Hi Nidge
Thank you and I hope you had a great day today.
I'm looking forward to hearing about your running progress in the New Year

User
Posted 26 Dec 2015 at 01:42

Hope you had a good day Nidge x

"Life can only be understood backwards; but it must be lived forwards." Soren Kierkegaard

User
Posted 26 Dec 2015 at 07:19

Glad it was a good day for you Nidge.
It was bound to be emotional for you. Good luck with that run on Monday, but don't push yourself too much, just to prove you can. Time for challenges when the chemo is over and you are fully fit.

We went to our daughter and son in law as usual.
I'm sure they must sometimes feel that they would like to spend it on their own with their boys but they always make us welcome and feed us well !

John and I don't exchange presents at all ! As you say it's enough that we have each other.

If we see something we want over the year we get it but never make an issue of having to exchange gifts on Christmas Day so it relieves that stress.

All the best for the rest of the year !!

We can't control the winds - but we can adjust our sails
User
Posted 26 Dec 2015 at 08:52

Best will to you NIdge.
I'm finding it mega-tough too.
On the upside I built a lego tie-fighter yesterday , and have the WHOLE millennium Falcon to build today . What an awesome toy lego us . Shame I have to let my 5 yr old join in really
Chris

User
Posted 26 Dec 2015 at 22:34
Hi Nidge

Good luck with the run Monday, remember take it easy, run a minute, walk a minute, try for 20 minutes in total first time, just to show yourself you can and build again from there.

Kev

Dream like you have forever, live like you only have today Avatar is me doing the 600 mile Camino de Santiago May 2019

User
Posted 27 Dec 2015 at 05:21

pie face get in their

regards

nidge

run long and prosper

Show Most Thanked Posts
User
Posted 25 Dec 2015 at 23:10

Hi Nidge
Thank you and I hope you had a great day today.
I'm looking forward to hearing about your running progress in the New Year

User
Posted 26 Dec 2015 at 01:42

Hope you had a good day Nidge x

"Life can only be understood backwards; but it must be lived forwards." Soren Kierkegaard

User
Posted 26 Dec 2015 at 06:33

morning all
yep had a good day yesterday, did feel a bit emotional at times with it being my 1st christmas with PCa,and what may turn out to be our last christmas in this house
we didnt buy many gifts we felt that just being togeather was gift enough
planning to try and do my first run on monday
off out to do a bit of shopping with daughter taking me early doors to meadowhall, and if I feel upto it we plan to go see the Star Wars film
just got one more lot of chemo in january that will be the six sessions complete, PSA is down at 0.04

regards
nidge

run long and prosper

User
Posted 26 Dec 2015 at 07:19

Glad it was a good day for you Nidge.
It was bound to be emotional for you. Good luck with that run on Monday, but don't push yourself too much, just to prove you can. Time for challenges when the chemo is over and you are fully fit.

We went to our daughter and son in law as usual.
I'm sure they must sometimes feel that they would like to spend it on their own with their boys but they always make us welcome and feed us well !

John and I don't exchange presents at all ! As you say it's enough that we have each other.

If we see something we want over the year we get it but never make an issue of having to exchange gifts on Christmas Day so it relieves that stress.

All the best for the rest of the year !!

User
Posted 26 Dec 2015 at 08:52

Best will to you NIdge.
I'm finding it mega-tough too.
On the upside I built a lego tie-fighter yesterday , and have the WHOLE millennium Falcon to build today . What an awesome toy lego us . Shame I have to let my 5 yr old join in really
Chris

User
Posted 26 Dec 2015 at 13:07

Ah Chris,

Under the bed I have a big tub of Lego from our own children, who are now 41 and 43. John cannot understand why I will not part with it. It's space and kitchens and flowers, windows etc. All of the grandchildren have used it and I am saving it for the great grandchildren !!

Yesterday at our daughters, our 19 and 17 year old grandsons were building and enacting Star Wars as they saw the film Christmas Eve and were given Star Wars Lego by their parents (John cannot understand it). Even at their ages they were flying them round the room and making the noises - mainly to annoy us I think. These are virtually grown men, very bright and both working like adults in full time jobs.

Son in law was given a ginormous Lego VW campervan by the boys. Completed it will be 30cm wide. Our daughter asked him what he was thinking of doing with it once it was made and when I said well he'll display it won't he she just gave me a pitying look and said "I don't think so mum !" Poor son in law !

So yes, Lego is an awesome toy.

Edited by member 26 Dec 2015 at 13:08  | Reason: Not specified

User
Posted 26 Dec 2015 at 17:07

We had grand kids round today, another big roast, loads left and then played "pie face" with squirty cream. Was in need of a good laugh, great fun.

Best wishes for the new year everyone, stay positive

Regards Chris/Woody

Life seems different upside down, take another viewpoint

User
Posted 26 Dec 2015 at 18:28

Crikes -- everyone plays "pie-face" here too with squirty cream . Then the dogs get a go each haha . They all love it .

User
Posted 26 Dec 2015 at 22:34
Hi Nidge

Good luck with the run Monday, remember take it easy, run a minute, walk a minute, try for 20 minutes in total first time, just to show yourself you can and build again from there.

Kev

Dream like you have forever, live like you only have today Avatar is me doing the 600 mile Camino de Santiago May 2019

User
Posted 27 Dec 2015 at 05:21

pie face get in their

regards

nidge

run long and prosper