I'm interested in conversations about and I want to talk about
Know exactly what you want?
Show search

Notification

Error

a message for 2016

User
Posted 29 Dec 2015 at 22:40
I am possibly going to be without t'internet for a few days so just wanted to send you all a message for the New Year, I will catch up after Saturday.

In 2015 we have all tried really hard to support each other, new members have been welcomed, others have continued to receive and give support. We have tried to provide guidance for those facing the options of treatment. We try to keep everyone aware of new drugs, trials and procedures. There have been lots of conversations about incontinence and ED with so much practical advice, We have mourned the loss of more good men and offered words of comfort to their wives, partners, family and friends.

We are a community, we are a group travelling down the same rocky road. We try to help each other over the most difficult times and we try to celebrate every good result. We laugh together and we cry together.

I would like to wish you all a happy New Year , none of us really know what the coming year will bring but we can hope, let there always be hope. Take every moment of happiness and savour it, take every moment of laughter and relish it and most important of all, take every moment of life and live it to the full.

I wish you all the very best for 2016

xxx

Mo

Edited by member 30 Dec 2015 at 12:35  | Reason: Not specified

User
Posted 29 Dec 2015 at 22:40
I am possibly going to be without t'internet for a few days so just wanted to send you all a message for the New Year, I will catch up after Saturday.

In 2015 we have all tried really hard to support each other, new members have been welcomed, others have continued to receive and give support. We have tried to provide guidance for those facing the options of treatment. We try to keep everyone aware of new drugs, trials and procedures. There have been lots of conversations about incontinence and ED with so much practical advice, We have mourned the loss of more good men and offered words of comfort to their wives, partners, family and friends.

We are a community, we are a group travelling down the same rocky road. We try to help each other over the most difficult times and we try to celebrate every good result. We laugh together and we cry together.

I would like to wish you all a happy New Year , none of us really know what the coming year will bring but we can hope, let there always be hope. Take every moment of happiness and savour it, take every moment of laughter and relish it and most important of all, take every moment of life and live it to the full.

I wish you all the very best for 2016

xxx

Mo

Edited by member 30 Dec 2015 at 12:35  | Reason: Not specified

User
Posted 01 Jan 2016 at 21:21
Wow

Arriving home a day early, I logged in and saw all the thanks and responses to my little message, needless to say I was overwhelmed. This forum is very much a part of my life it means so much to me when I can do anything to give back just a little.

For me it was a very quiet Christmas and New Year, Time to reflect on many things and time to look forward another year wiser.

I am happy to be back at home to my own little routine, although I always miss the company of family and friends.

Special friends make the world a better place somehow they know instinctively when you need a boost.

All the very best to you all

xxxx

Mo

Show Most Thanked Posts
User
Posted 30 Dec 2015 at 12:46

Thanks for the lovely thoughts and wishes Mo.

Happy and Healthy New Year 2016 to you (which is will be by the time you manage to get back on line eh?

One behalf of myself (but I'm sure I speak for all) I thank you for the helpful comments and advice that you give, especially for those who are going towards the end.
It must still be hard for you sometimes to relive those moments for the benefit of others

Best wishes

Sandra

We can't control the winds - but we can adjust our sails
User
Posted 30 Dec 2015 at 13:51

A great bunch on hear
Thank you all
I have smiled i have laughed and i have cried and i will always be greatfull to this community
Regards
Nidge

run long and prosper

'pooh how do you spell love'

'piglet you dont spell love -you just feel it'

User
Posted 30 Dec 2015 at 14:08

Happy New Year to you Mo.

I'm not too good with words, ( I'm a former aero engineer... Ha  http://community.prostatecanceruk.org/editors/tiny_mce/plugins/emoticons/img/smiley-smile.gif ) and so don't get too involved with in depth replies etc.

However, I do read most of the posts on here and would just like to say 'thank you'  to you and the other 'regulars' who have contributed so much to this forum over the last 12 months.

Best Wishes 

Luther

User
Posted 30 Dec 2015 at 15:42

Thanks for all the info and advice from everyone.

All the best for 2016.

User
Posted 30 Dec 2015 at 17:19

Happy new year Mo...the PCUK community has been a lifeline to many including myself.
Wishing you all a happy new year and raising a glass to those who cannot be with us

Bri xx

User
Posted 30 Dec 2015 at 17:55
I have sadly had the need to post and read for 14 months now, however without this site I would have been on many occasions in such a darker place. I have made so many " internrt" friends and been delighted to have many as face to face friends too thanks to George and his flyer/ mill bashes. Thank you all for every post, not all relevant to me but makes me feel part of a large support group which has meant so much.

Here's to everyone being here to post this time next year.

Kev

Dream like you have forever, live like you only have today Avatar is me doing the 600 mile Camino de Santiago May 2019

User
Posted 30 Dec 2015 at 18:08

Happy new year Mo and thanks for all the advice that you give, it's all relevant even though my illness is not as bad as others. I still take in as much as I can, you never know!

Great site for getting info and support from everyone, very compassionate. We all give our little bit to those that are in need and want to help as much as possible.

Happy new year to all and a big thank you from me. It is keeping me sane..

Regards Chris/Woody

Life seems different upside down, take another viewpoint.

Edited by member 30 Dec 2015 at 18:09  | Reason: Not specified

User
Posted 30 Dec 2015 at 18:16
Happy new year to you too Mandy and to everyone else on the site

Hope to see you in the new year

Love from us all here x

Don't deny the diagnosis; try to defy the verdict
User
Posted 30 Dec 2015 at 19:21

M

A happy new year to you and all the members.

A big thanks to you and all the ladies for the wise, kind and knowledgeable words you give us.

Like others, I will raise a glass to those who are no longer with us and their loved ones.

Love Chris & Dawn

User
Posted 30 Dec 2015 at 21:50
Lovely post Mo

Wishing you a Happy New Year

Carol

Edited by member 31 Dec 2015 at 00:19  | Reason: Not specified

User
Posted 30 Dec 2015 at 22:00
Happy New Year SS,

You have given so much to this forum since you joined if there is such a thing as an Honory member then you are it. Wishing you every happiness in 2016

BFN

Julie X

NEVER LAUGH AT A LIVE DRAGON
User
Posted 30 Dec 2015 at 22:36

Thank YOU Mo for all the words of wisdom, and your continuing support to help others.

Thank you too for your New Year Message.

Shirley and I also send our best wishes too you all for 2016.

Chris.

User
Posted 30 Dec 2015 at 23:03

Sending my regards and thanks to all the great people on this site. Let us hope for good news on the PCa front in 2016, increasing insights and breakthroughs in diagnosis and treatment and hope for our men and their families. To the wives, partners and families who have lost someone I send my most heartfelt thoughts and love,

Fiona.

User
Posted 31 Dec 2015 at 18:04

Lovely words Mo - happy 2016 to you too x

"Life can only be understood backwards; but it must be lived forwards." Soren Kierkegaard

User
Posted 01 Jan 2016 at 16:28
Mo

You are such a fantastic support to people here, like our Lyn, you don't beat about the bush but are always both practical and sympathetic. Your contributions are so well judged and honest.

I wish you a wonderful 2016, with lots of lovely new experiences.

With love

Allison xxxx

User
Posted 01 Jan 2016 at 21:21
Wow

Arriving home a day early, I logged in and saw all the thanks and responses to my little message, needless to say I was overwhelmed. This forum is very much a part of my life it means so much to me when I can do anything to give back just a little.

For me it was a very quiet Christmas and New Year, Time to reflect on many things and time to look forward another year wiser.

I am happy to be back at home to my own little routine, although I always miss the company of family and friends.

Special friends make the world a better place somehow they know instinctively when you need a boost.

All the very best to you all

xxxx

Mo