I'm interested in conversations about and I want to talk about
Know exactly what you want?
Show search

Notification

Error

as if this wasnt enough

User
Posted 07 Jan 2016 at 06:27

went into town yesterday on bicycle, high viz bright orange jacket and one of the few times I had my helmet on

going down a slight hill road in front clear two young ladies stood on footpath, looked straight at me and ran into road, tried my hardest to avoid them but clipped one and finished up laid on opposite side of road, lcky for me that no traffic was coming in that direction, neither of the 2 came to see how I was or help

tried to get up by myself but was not even to lift myself up with out help totally winded, the 2 idiots got in a car that was parked waiting for them and drove off

have informed police as this is classed as road traffic accident, one of the ladies that helped me up got the car reg, 3hrs in a&e worst thing is a very badly sprained elbow and bruising

attending police station on saturday to make a statement not expecting much to happen as how do you claim damages off a pedstrian

run long and prosper

'pooh how do you spell love'

'piglet you dont spell love -you just feel it'

User
Posted 07 Jan 2016 at 19:35

Hi Nidge,

I'm sorry this happened to you. 

I cycle sometimes (should do more) and often think what would happen if someone did that type of thing to me.  A joke to their sick minds, far more serious to us.  I'm not as steady as I used to be when I was younger and I'm not sure if I would be able to take avoiding action.  It saddens me that some people can have so little consideration for others.

I hope you're feeling better soon.

Steve

User
Posted 07 Jan 2016 at 19:41

Dear god above. Sorry to blaspheme. If either of those irks had even a clue of what you are going through already. But what goes around does have a habit of coming around.
Feeling for you Nidge
Chris

User
Posted 07 Jan 2016 at 20:40

There are some thoughtless idiots about Nidge. They probably think it was a huge joke

Their day will come perhaps. In the meantime, rest up and try not to dwell on it too much.

We can't control the winds - but we can adjust our sails
User
Posted 07 Jan 2016 at 22:28

Can't understand such stupidity. Apart from injuring you, they risked injuring to themselves.

Barry
User
Posted 07 Jan 2016 at 23:07

Nidge with all the idiots and scum round this area nothing surprises me.
Hope you OK
Garry

User
Posted 12 Jan 2016 at 21:37
How fortunate you had your helmet on.

Not to make light of your experience, but it does remind me of a similar experience my ex-boss had about ten years ago. He lives in deepest rural Staffordshire, and cycles everywhere. He cuts a funny figure- in his mid 70s, 6'7" tall and skinny as a bean pole. Anyway, he once cycled into 'the big city' (local small town), which takes him along many winding country roads, meeting many and various animals on route. The local dairy farm's cows walk themselves, en masse, along the road to the parlour around milking time.

On this particular day, the cows were not on the road, and he sped past the farm on the way to the post office. He turned the bend and, out of the corner of his eye, spotted a huddle of chickens and ducks watching the world go by. This was also quite normal. Anyway, one chicken obviously took a decision to try out the old joke and cross the road. It ran straight through the spokes of the front wheel. My boss went over the handlebars, and crashed onto the road. Being a hero, he picked the two halves of his cycle helmet up, and walked, with his bike, the two miles back home. His wife took one look and called an ambulance. He was in hospital for ten days with seven fractured ribs, a punctured lung which wouldn't stay inflated and a broken wrist.

I'm not sure I have a point. Maybe just to make you smile. I'm sorry it's been a s*** day

Louise xx