Know exactly what you want?
Show search

Notification

Error
<12

Chemo and hormone

User
Posted 19 Jul 2016 at 11:27

Hi Debby, I've been on Arm J for just over a year now, I didn't have early chemo though as it wasn't available when I was diagnosed. I get most of the usual hormone treatment side effects aches in bones and muscles, hot flushes, now got small man boobs , put on a bit of weight etc etc. but they are all fairly mild and don't really effect day to day life. Tiredness is probably the worst but this comes and goes.  I have now joined a gym and when we get back from holiday I plan to go 3 to 4 times a week, this should help with the tiredness and aches, so my trial nurse tells me !! The treatment seems to be working well for me PSA came down to undetectable and is still there now a year later, I had a bone scan in January which showed a good reduction in the bone mets. I also get my testosterone level checked every few months and that is also undetectable.

so all in all life's good considering :-) 

User
Posted 14 Aug 2016 at 09:40
Some advice needed please , OH just got his ED appointment and not really sure if any of the meds are better than others ? I think the pump is a Nono but I understand there are different types of meds that react differently . He's currently on hormone injections and on arm j of trial so don't know if certain meds interfere with existing drugs .

Also because he's on arm j and getting muscle pain does this ease off / just get used to it or can they alter dosage and still stay on trial ? He's only been on trial for about 7 weeks so early days but good results 0.01 PSA

Thanks Debby