I'm interested in conversations about and I want to talk about
Know exactly what you want?
Show search

Notification

Error

RIP PROF JANE PLANT

User
Posted 05 Mar 2016 at 17:59

I've just learned that Jane passed away unexpectedly yesterday morning (Fri 4th March)/

Our thoughts are with her husband Peter Simpson and the family.

My wife and I feel privileged to have gotten to know Jane and Peter over the last 11yrs, and we're totally shocked by this sad news.

To this day I credit her with saving my life.

ABOUT JANE PLANT

Rest In Peace Dear Jane.

George, Lynn & Katrina

User
Posted 05 Mar 2016 at 18:46

Hi George,

I share your thoughts, Jane will be sadly missed.

It wasn't just the health benefits of her diet that kept me going, it was the very fact that she gave me hope when all hope apeared lost.

She told us all that there was something that we could all do to fight cancer ourselves.

Please pass on my condolences.

:)

Dave 

User
Posted 05 Mar 2016 at 19:08

Very sad news indeed

Sleep peacefully Jane

"Life can only be understood backwards; but it must be lived forwards." Soren Kierkegaard

User
Posted 05 Mar 2016 at 19:13

Shocked to hear that news

RIP Jane

User
Posted 05 Mar 2016 at 19:29
RIP Jane.

A person who really made a difference for so many people.

Steve

User
Posted 05 Mar 2016 at 19:58

A long time since I logged in here and did expect some sad news but not that

Being here all these years (thankfully) I'm aware like many how close you and Jane became. So firstly to you George you will be knocked back by such sad news but pick yourself up soon.

Please pass my condolences to family.

RIP Jane

Ray

User
Posted 05 Mar 2016 at 22:22

I am shocked and sad by this news. I remember Jane relating her cancer story and her ideas on how dietary changes had helped her combat cancer when she spoke to us at Leicester awhile back. My condolences to her family.

Barry
User
Posted 05 Mar 2016 at 22:27
Oh my goodness, that's very sad news indeed. Thank you George for letting us know.

Love Allison xxx

User
Posted 06 Mar 2016 at 08:42

Very sad. I read her books when Neil was ill and have continued to incorporate many of her ideas into my diet. Hope her legacy continues to help many people.

Fiona.

User
Posted 06 Mar 2016 at 09:16
Her legacy will continue to help many sufferers. Thank you Jane. RIP
User
Posted 06 Mar 2016 at 17:01

Very sad news, thank you for posting George, her books were an inspiration to so many, I have leant our copies out to many people, she was a fighter when those around her said she was terminal, she proved them wrong!
She was an inspiration to so many here and will be sorely missed.

RIP Jane.

Chris.

User
Posted 06 Mar 2016 at 21:36

A woman well ahead of her time. Her work has changed the lives of many cancer patients.

My deepest condolences to her husband and family.

Rest in Peace Jane

Nil desperandum

Allister

User
Posted 08 Mar 2016 at 15:43

I cannot add anything else to what has already been said on here about Jane other than to say I shall always remember her inspiring talk at Leicester and how it led many of us to change our dietary regimes for the better.

My condolences to her family.

Rest easy Jane

Roger