I'm interested in conversations about and I want to talk about
Know exactly what you want?
Show search

Notification

Error
<12

50 year old gay doctor in Kent - Surgery (prostatectomy / RP)

User
Posted 14 Feb 2018 at 08:07
Latest PSA undetectable and interval increased to 6 months. Yayyy!!
User
Posted 14 Feb 2018 at 10:09
Great news. It's a wonderful feeling isn't it. So pleased for you and long may it continue.
User
Posted 14 Feb 2018 at 10:39

Great news Henry and nice to see you still watching forum. Take care

User
Posted 09 Aug 2018 at 21:46

PSA undetectable again. Great news.

ED still there and unlikely to improve now that I am 2 years and 5 months post op. Caverject usage is far less soul destroying for me than I imagined it would be.

User
Posted 09 Aug 2018 at 22:25

Well done Henry - great news about the PSA and long may it continue. 

You seem pretty chilled about the ED situation as well.

All the best

Kevan 

User
Posted 09 Aug 2018 at 22:45
Lovely to hear from you and your stoic outlook. Don’t totally give up. I’ve had vast improvements from the 2 1/2 yr mark. I can’t believe anyone can cope with Caverject. The after pain was indescribable for me. Try some Invicorp25. You may be well amazed !!!

Best wishes Henry

User
Posted 10 Aug 2018 at 00:12
Hi Henry, good to see your update - stay happy 😃
"Life can only be understood backwards; but it must be lived forwards." Soren Kierkegaard

User
Posted 18 Dec 2018 at 09:29

Hi Henry and Everyone in the group,

Thanks very much for all your posts; I'm 48 and have recently been diagnosed, it is localized and the doctor said I'm a good candidate for Robotic Nerve-sparing Radical Prostatectomy. I surgery is scheduled for Jan 5, 2018.

I did speak to a few people who had been through surgery, most of them have been straight and older guys for whom sex at this age was not a priority. In India, most men don't get their PSA tested for prostate enlargement is considered an old man's issue and there is little awareness of Prostate Cancer.

I've made notes after reading all your posts; I wanted to know more about the Pump - is it necessary to start using it right away.

How does an orgasm feel? the intensity? 

Thanks again,

Vindci

User
Posted 18 Dec 2018 at 10:52
I was 55 when I had the op and I didn't think sex was that important until I wasn't getting any!! I had partial nerve sparing so it took a while to restore a "penetrative capability". Now I would say Orgasm is just like it was before, sometimes I just can't get there but that rarely happens these days and only adds to the intensity when it finally happens...

You don't need to pump until after the op but it wouldn't do any harm to get a feel for it before hand!

User
Posted 18 Dec 2018 at 11:47

Thanks for your reply Francij1. 

It feels good to know, I was very concerned. 

Is it important to use a Pump after the op, how does it help? I doubt if we even get one in India, is there an alternative?