Know exactly what you want?
Show search

Notification

Error
<12

Worrying times

User
Posted 18 Jul 2016 at 10:34
Lindy, I am so sorry to hear of your loss. May you and your family find some peace, and in time have good memories.

Leila
User
Posted 18 Jul 2016 at 15:37
Hi Lindy,
I also wanted to send you my condolences as others have said I am sure that Tim was very aware of the love that surrounded him.
BFN
Julie X
NEVER LAUGH AT A LIVE DRAGON
User
Posted 18 Jul 2016 at 16:48

So sorry Lindy. But what a lovely way for him to slip away, hearing his family at a barbecue and then with you , his son and daughter. My condolences to you and your family.xxx

Max
"You can only play the hand you're dealt"
User
Posted 18 Jul 2016 at 17:04

Sincere condolences Lindy, thinking of you and big hugs.

Glen

User
Posted 22 Jul 2016 at 21:11
Thank you all for all your kind responses. It is so good to know how many people are supporting me in thought. It has been a hectic few days, we now have the funeral arranged for nextThursday. My son and daughter have been such a wonderful support, they spent the first few days and nights with me. The house seems so quiet and empty with just me and the dog now! I did manage to go and play in a bowls match on Wednesday, which is what I am sure Tim would have wanted me to do and I think it was good to see so many of our friends after Tim's death, it will make seeing them at the funeral so much easier.
User
Posted 29 Jul 2016 at 10:14
The funeral yesterday was a wonderful celebration of Tim's life. It was exactly as Tim wanted it to be with an old school friend, our daughter and good friend from bowls all reading out their personal tribute to Tim and recounting their memories. It was very hard for them but Tim had asked them beforehand and that gave them the strength to carry out some of his last wishes. The crematorium was full, with people even having to stand out in the lobby. It made me proud to realise what a wonderful friend he was to so many as well as being a wonderful husband, dad and grandad. Now I need to gradually build myself a new life without him which I know is going to be hard.
User
Posted 29 Jul 2016 at 11:07

I've always maintained that funerals are for the living - not the dead.

Standing room only eh? What a tribute and how wonderful for you and the family that people showed their love and support,  to Tim and all of you

I bet as well as the sadness there was also a lot of laughter.

It will take time to get used to being and doing things on your own but you know there are ladies on here who will give their wholehearted support and advice.

Best Wishes

Sandra

Edited by member 29 Jul 2016 at 11:08  | Reason: Not specified

We can't control the winds - but we can adjust our sails
User
Posted 29 Jul 2016 at 18:40
People always say (quite rightly I think) that funerals are a right of passage. I always think that the bereaved person will find it easier to talk to those who attended and shared the experience with you. I'm pleased that it was possible for Tim's last wishes to be carried out, you must have been so proud when your daughter stood up and read, what a difficult thing to do. It's obvious that Tim was much loved and not everyone can say that. The time ahead is bound to have many ups and downs Lindy, please let us know how you are getting on, believe it not I think of the many wives and partners bereaved over my years coming on here and wish them well. Some remain for a while, some can never face returning here, it's all understandable. We do continue to remember our lost men and their bereaved families.

Much love
Devonmaid xxxx
User
Posted 30 Jul 2016 at 11:06

So glad the funeral went as you wanted. It is so reassuring to see how many people's lives your OH has touched, and that they wanted to come and pay tribute to him.

As you say it's now time to rebuild your life, as I am now trying to do. Please do feel free to PM me if you want a chat / rant / advice

Much love x