Know exactly what you want?
Show search

Notification

Error

Confused daughter

User
Posted 21 May 2016 at 21:51
Hi

After spending most of my Saturday night researching vitamins and supplements ( sad aren't I lol) to try and help with my dads prostate cancer, I came across a supplement called Pomi T, I have read about a small but promising trial on this taken in 2013, I was wondering if anyone had tried this and had any views ? I may be clutching at straws but I will buy anything that may help my lovely dad :-(

Any advice or reviews would be much appreciated

Thanks

Viv X

The only time you should look back is to see how far you have come
User
Posted 22 May 2016 at 13:08

Hi Viv,

I take Pomi-T, a doctor came to give a talk to our support group a couple of years ago, his talk was titled something along the lines of 'What can we do to help our treatment succeed'.  He recommended PomiT and I have taken it ever since, whether or not it makes any difference is debatable, but it can't do any harm.

:)

Dave  

User
Posted 24 May 2016 at 09:20

Thanks Viv! Yes - fingers crossed.

Show Most Thanked Posts
User
Posted 22 May 2016 at 13:08

Hi Viv,

I take Pomi-T, a doctor came to give a talk to our support group a couple of years ago, his talk was titled something along the lines of 'What can we do to help our treatment succeed'.  He recommended PomiT and I have taken it ever since, whether or not it makes any difference is debatable, but it can't do any harm.

:)

Dave  

User
Posted 22 May 2016 at 13:35

I wouldn't let him start taking supplements or making major dietary changes until he has finished with all the diagnostic tests. With the exception perhaps of Pomi-T, it is generally better to change diet than to take more synthesised or modified items. Once the results are all in and he knows which treatment he is going for, you could read Jane Plant's book about possible diet links with breast & prostate cancer, or buy Prostate Cancer Research UK's cookbook (available from Amazon) which is similar to Plant's theories but not as extreme. Briefly, men with PCa are advised to reduce red meat & dairy, and increase garlic, onions, tomatoes (cooked, braised, processed), broccoli and soya. Cranberry juice helps reduce bladder irritation if he has radiotherapy or while the catheter is in post-op.

"Life can only be understood backwards; but it must be lived forwards." Soren Kierkegaard

User
Posted 22 May 2016 at 13:59

Thank you both for the sound advice, it's ironic but my dad has always ate a very healthy diet, no red meats and very little dairy He has coeliacs disease which may or may not be a hinderance , I will def have a look at the cookbook mentioned,
Once again thank you both 👍🏼
Viv X

User
Posted 23 May 2016 at 13:36

My Oncologist is one of those involved with the marketing and research into Pomi-T, and both he and I are convinced it has slowed the current rise in my PSA.

User
Posted 24 May 2016 at 00:01

Where is the best place to buy this?

User
Posted 24 May 2016 at 03:57
Hi jilly

You can get this from Amazon amongst various other online stores. Just google it,

Fingers crossed it can help the men in our lives

Viv X

User
Posted 24 May 2016 at 09:20

Thanks Viv! Yes - fingers crossed.