I'm interested in conversations about and I want to talk about
Know exactly what you want?
Show search

Notification

Error

New to forum - advice

User
Posted 15 Jun 2016 at 14:38
Hi - I am new to the forum, I came across it searching for information.

I am 53 and have an enlarged prostate with elevated PSA. I have had one Biopsy, followed by an MRI and last week had a template biopsy. to investigate lisions on the gland. I take tamsulosin every day.

This brings me onto my question to the forum.

It is now a week and I am just seeing a reduction in the blood in my urine and the excrutiating pain when urinating. I have been back to my GP twice and have been given antibiotics as a precaution and the advice that I should expect discomfort for up to two weeks resulting from the trauma of the procedure. The nurse that discharged me from the hospital said I could be back at work after two days.

Whilst the pain is subsiding it is being replaced with difficulty urinating and a sense of a constantly full bladder with a dull pain in my penis and groin area. The flow of urine has decreased dramatically since the procedure.

Am I expecting too much or is this what I should expect ? Knowing what others experienced would be a great help.

Thanks

John

User
Posted 15 Jun 2016 at 15:14

Sounds as if it could be a urinary tract infection, very common unfortunately. If the anti biotics do not bring relief go back to GP and ask her to look at alternatives, don't let it linger if it is not improving. Prompt action will help.