Know exactly what you want?
Show search

Notification

Error

Party of one (maybe)

User
Posted 30 Oct 2016 at 06:02
Good morning

This is my first post on a forum that I never thought I would need to access. I am currently receiving HT and chemotherapy for Stage 4 prostate cancer via the National Cancer Care Center in the State of Qatar that was first diagnosed July 2016. It would appear, although it may prove otherwise, that I am the only UK based ex-pat currently under-going treatment for prostate cancer at this, sadly, very busy facility. The treatment and access to state-of-the-art technology have been fantastic but what I really need is mutual support not only for myself but for my family in the difficult weeks and months to come. This seems like a very good place to start.

Very much looking forward to getting involved in discussions and sharing information.

With kind regards

Boyd

User
Posted 30 Oct 2016 at 09:07

Boyd, you have it! We are all very friendly and supportive on here and there are men at all stages of treatment and disease who will be only too keen to share their experience and knowledge with you. You are now one of the brotherhood. Go well.

Bazza

User
Posted 31 Oct 2016 at 00:50
Boyd - I have only recently joined the forum and don't know half as much as all the others. I'm at the start of my journey, just had MRI and am waiting for my biopsy. I wish you well in sunny Qatar.

Walter

User
Posted 31 Oct 2016 at 01:20

Lots of people here to offer you a friendly ear - if you want hope and inspiration, look for members Si_ness,Trevor_Boothe and Irun, among many!

"Life can only be understood backwards; but it must be lived forwards." Soren Kierkegaard

User
Posted 31 Oct 2016 at 01:41
Hi Boyd,

I just wanted to say "Welcome" to our community.

I'm sorry you find yourself here but now you are, you've come to the right place for support.

A cancer diagnosis can feel as if it's the loneliest place on earth, even if you are surrounded by close friends and a loving family. It's hard for others to know what it feels like unless they've been through it themselves. This is why the support and friendship you'll find on this site will really help, because we're all going through or have been through the same thing.

May I wish you luck in your treatment and please, keep in touch.

All the best,

Steve

User
Posted 31 Oct 2016 at 03:01
Dear NikonSteve, LynEyre, Ulsterman and Bazza

Thank you so much for your replies. It really is a good feeling to know that so much freely given support available. I shall return!

Best wishes

Boyd