Know exactly what you want?
Show search

Notification

Error

Genital pain

User
Posted 19 Nov 2016 at 17:00
Dear friends,

I am kindly requesting as to whether any other people have experienced pain/aching in their genitals? Over the past few days I have begun to experience a severe ache at base of my penis...this is not constant however, is something that I've noticed recently. Has anyone else experienced this? Does anyone have any clues as to what's happening? I do not think that I am suffering from any UTI's as there is no sign of burning when urinating etc...any ideas kind folks?

Thanks for your time

Kind regards Nick

User
Posted 19 Nov 2016 at 19:29

What are you, about 5 weeks post op? Possibly overdoing things? A strain on muscles that have been cut and slashed and are still knitting together perhaps. Have you been trying to lift things or push shopping trolleys, or driving too soon? Hernia is a common complication after RP in men that overdo things. Did they say whether or not they had removed any lymph nodes? The remaining lymph nodes in the pelvic area may be picking up the extra load.

"Life can only be understood backwards; but it must be lived forwards." Soren Kierkegaard

User
Posted 19 Nov 2016 at 19:33

I think for about 4 months post op my balls were almost too tender to even bathe , and my thighs were completely numb. Give it time

User
Posted 19 Nov 2016 at 19:55
Oh dear Lyn...you have identified some sins here! I have tried to keep myself active as this seems to be a good thing...I don't think that I'm overdoing my PFE's but I was told by the surgeon that 2 lymph nodes were removed because they were enlarged...i don't quite know what this means...? I'll take from your kind response that perhaps I need to ease up a bit...I'm assuming that exercise is helpful to improve bladder control and as you say Lyn, I'm only 5 weeks post-op. I just want to feel better I guess...thanks Lyn...you're a great help!!😊

Kind regards Nick

User
Posted 19 Nov 2016 at 19:58
Hi Chris...thanks for replying sir...i do hope that you are now recovered? That sounded so painful! I'm perhaps being tooooooo keen to feel 'normal' again 😁 Again Chris, thank you so much for replying...it's good to hear from you.

Kindest regards Nick

User
Posted 19 Nov 2016 at 21:01
Hi Nick,

I felt similar after my op, it aches because your undercarriage has been knocked about and will take time to heal, I bought myself a blow up ring from Boots to ease the pressure on my scrotum whilst seated.

James

User
Posted 19 Nov 2016 at 21:43
Hi James!!! You cannot believe just how much ribbing and teasing that I've had regarding 'rubber rings '!!! 😁. I've resisted and resisted but actually I'm now actually considering this...oh the shame! I think that the problem is with us fellas is that we try to recover as soon as possible...and I think that I'm no longer 20! This poor old 50 year old is going to have to be patient. James..you're a star for replying and I hope that you are experiencing good health and success 😊. Kind regards Nick