I'm interested in conversations about and I want to talk about
Know exactly what you want?
Show search

Notification

Error

Diarrhoea

User
Posted 20 Nov 2016 at 21:18
Hi all I have had radiotherapy and hormone injections for advanced prostate cancer and finished approximately two years ago, I now have had diarrhoea for a couple of months and have some stomach pain with this I get a pain then have about 1/3 minutes to get to a toilet, my doctor has had a stool sample and blood taken and a colonoscopy nothing found can my prostate cancer be a factor with theses symptoms. Any thoughts would be appreciated. Richard.
User
Posted 20 Nov 2016 at 22:22

Yes in relation to the diarrhoea but probably not the tummy ache. Ask your GP to read up on radiation proctitis and perhaps refer you back - or get advice from - your oncologist / the radiation team.

On the other hand, as the colonoscopy was clear I guess the medics are considering whether you may have developed irritable bowel syndrome - there are no conclusive tests for this and it is more often diagnosed when all other causes have been ruled out. Getting older is sometimes the cause of IBS which is quite common and in many people can be controlled by learning which foods or activities trigger an attack.

"Life can only be understood backwards; but it must be lived forwards." Soren Kierkegaard

User
Posted 21 Nov 2016 at 07:17

I have finished radfiotherapy 4weeks ago, was told it could affect my stomach now or in a couple of years, had diarrhea for about 3 weeks found that bread, pancakes or crumpets where the best to eat, have lost over half a stone with eating these
hope this helps
tried the immodium no help

nidge

run long and prosper

'pooh how do you spell love'

'piglet you dont spell love -you just feel it'

User
Posted 21 Nov 2016 at 17:55

Cheers for the help have appointment tomorrow see what happens.