I'm interested in conversations about and I want to talk about
Know exactly what you want?
Show search

Notification

Error

pain in left hip

User
Posted 12 Jan 2017 at 14:17

hi,i went to a and e yesterday,because i had been suffering really painful left hip pain,i could hardly move for a while,before x ray the doc said do i get any numbness in legs which i do also pain in buttock some time,x ray revealed bit of inflamation arthritis,told to keep mobile but do not strain.she also took blood test which was ok and psa test which i was not supposed to have till june, my psa in november was undetectable but i have read enough to know things can change because i am high risk,anyone have any thoughts on this please.

User
Posted 12 Jan 2017 at 20:13

Hi Radar, I think you have struggled with your diet in the past and also with anaemia? My instinct is that the HT plus poor diet may have led to a bit of osteoporosis (or who knows, perhaps osteoarthritis is also linked to HT???) and/or the ligaments and tendons are so weakened from the HT that they are not supporting your pelvis and hips correctly?

Hopefully you will get to the bottom of it soon. Old Al's advice in these cases was always to take up swimming - muscle strengthening but low impact.

"Life can only be understood backwards; but it must be lived forwards." Soren Kierkegaard

User
Posted 13 Jan 2017 at 09:37

thanks lyn, i try my best with diet cut out red meat and dairy,i eat healthy ready meals,but there is milk in everything,i have fruit,veg,i take pomi-t,vit d 5000iu a day ,modified citrus pectin 3Xdaily,estrobalance dim,digest enzymes,probiotic,so i try my best,i have always done weight training to keep my bones strong,now i have got to be careful,the doc at the hospital said my hips were ok,its inflamation,but was really painful,,asked for dexa scan she said no,dont know why she took my psa sounds like shes thinking of my pc which was undetectable in november but pc likes inflamation,osteoarthritis mostly women get it,its your own immune system attacking your joints,so i am a bit worried now,i am coming up to the 3yr mark thought i was about due to run into problems,up to now i have always felt healthy,anyone else suffering with arthritis.cheers.

User
Posted 13 Jan 2017 at 13:40

Radar

I started with  hip pain in Feb 2016, to cut a long story short, had an Xray and diagnosed as early onset of osteoarthritis, went on naproxen  three times a day but soon cut down to one a day, saw a physio and  was sent on a lower limb exercise class, nothing seemed to help ,I walk about 4 miles a day. It hurt to get in and out of the car and when walking up inclines. Over the last couple of weeks the pain has gone and I have stopped taking naproxen. if you believe in voodoo and black magic a magnetic strap around the ankle for three months may have been the cure.

Yesterday the  front page headline on the daily Express  was "arthitis: how to beat the pain" the main point of the article seemed to say forty five minutes of moderate exercise a week,yes a week in ten minute segments could ease the pain.

Thanks Chris