Know exactly what you want?
Show search

Notification

Error
<12

Plan B. radium plus dexamethasone

User
Posted 20 Feb 2017 at 00:11

This is really helpful Rosy - thank you so very much for your kindness (and for making me laugh - definitely the best medicine). I'll speak to the hospice nurse tomorrow and pass on your suggestion.

Meanwhile I'll buy the knitting needles...maybe create a nice set of antimacassars after I've finished the blanket. Will need contributions from Mrs C and Julie though, otherwise the height of my ambition will be a very small hamster blanket. And that would mean I had to buy a very small hamster to go with it. Could start to get a bit complicated...

Hugs to you too

Eleanor

x

User
Posted 20 Feb 2017 at 21:20
Pets at Home do a good line in hamsters Eleanor but to be honest I think it would probably chew the blanket. I only know about the Hamsters because of Rita she is our Jack Russel , long story short we had a rat that was getting into our kitchen and despite my horror and our best efforts to catch it , it was a pretty canny rat and managed to out wit my best efforts at trapping it.. I couldn't bare the thought of it so and having to deal with a rat and cancer just pushed me over the edge. So in a mad panic moment I thought I know a Jack Russel ( they kill rats don't they ) . Well it turns out No they don't apparently you have to train them so after a lot of googling you put a rat in a dustbin and then add a Jack Russel 😱. So Trevor went to pets at home to purchase a rat but and there is always a but he came back and said " I couldn't do it they have all got names Julie " so hence I have got a useless Jack Russel and they only thing she has managed to kill is the remote control and that's how he knows they have Hamsters in Pets at Home.😜
Just in case you wondered we managed to catch the rat in a trap with a piece of jerk chicken ( it was obviously Jamaican) and then drowned it ( ouch)
Sorry I have got nothing useful to add re the sickness only where to buy a good hamster. 🤓
Trevor is getting sickness most mornings he does take lanzaprasol which seems to settle his tummy he was only actually sick for the first few days on the Raduim and now it is just a queezy feeling .
So sorry to hear that things are tough again , I have said it before and will probably say it again " This Clucking Disease " is so hard at times. Keep your chin up.
BFN
Julie X
NEVER LAUGH AT A LIVE DRAGON
User
Posted 20 Feb 2017 at 21:39

Julie you are abso-blooming-lutely wonderful!

If we could only bottle you and distribute you internationally the world would be a massively better place. Though the rats might not agree.

Love and hugs and appreciation

Eleanor

xxx

User
Posted 20 Feb 2017 at 23:32
Oh Eleanor you've got so much to deal with at the moment. The sickness is just one thing too much on top of everything else for Tony. You are both being amazing. I can't believe they forgot to give the anti sickness drug !!! I know it's easy to make mistakes but that just is ridiculous when it's caused you so much extra hassle - I'm so annoyed on your behalf. I hope you are getting some rest x
User
Posted 20 Feb 2017 at 23:38
Eleanor just to let you know that I just tried to send you a private message but your inbox is full x
User
Posted 20 Feb 2017 at 23:55

Aw thanks Sally...he is coping with a helluva lot right now love his cotton socks and oversights like that are massively upsetting and unnecessary. But hope somehow springs eternal. We've got an appointment next week with the consultant at the hospice to take an holistic view of all the medications he's taking (and all the ruddy side effects) so maybe she can help. And Abi or Enzo on the way - has worked for lots of people on this site. The gin's finished but I have a cheeky little Malbec at my side and a bar of chocolate. So on we plod! Hope things are good with you?

E

x

PS will empty my inbox right now!