Show search

Notification

Error
<12

LDR Brachytherapy after HT

User
Posted 18 Dec 2020 at 11:34

Hi Tom,

Glad to see you are still fighting the good fights think you will need it this time of year with all your Grandchildren at Christmas.Fingers crossed for you in 2021.

Have a good Christmas with your wonderful family.

Regards John & Pat.

User
Posted 18 Dec 2020 at 11:48

Many thanks John... I have a loving wife standing by my side (and somtimes pushing me from behind!) which is a great source of encouragement!!

Covid restrictions are obviously going to have an impact this Christmas regards meeting up with family members so lets look forward to a happier times next year.

Hope yourself and Pat have a great Christmas and New Year

Onwards and Upwards

Regards Tom and Colette    

User
Posted 10 Apr 2021 at 15:27

Fellow travellers .. Time for an update on my roller coaster journey and its bad news I'm afraid!!

23rd Jan 2021 - 1st Covid vaccination

2nd Mar 2021 - PSA 17.0!

24th Mar 2021 - PSA 24.4!!

26th Mar 2021 - Hospital Bone Scan

31st Mar 2021 - Hospital CT Scan

9th Apr 2021 - Hospital appointment confirms cancer cells starting to spread so will be on Hormone treatment for the forseeable future!!

10th Apr 2021 - 2nd Covid vaccination

Very dissappointing outcome but must try and stay positive!!!

User
Posted 11 Apr 2021 at 12:06

Hi Tom,

So sorry to hear your latest setback you have had a rollercoaster of a ride over years but i think it has made you a lot stronger to continue the fight with the professionals guiding you.I think we had our brachytherapy around the same time when not many of the members on here had taken that option so it was difficult to make a decision on what option to take between brachytherapy and Robotic surgery.

Keep us up to date on the next treatments Tom.

Regards to you and your wife love John & Pat xx

User
Posted 11 Apr 2021 at 13:37
Hi John

Many thanks for your kind reply... it's very comforting and helps me to mainrain a positve attitude.

Yes we both had the Brachytherapy procedure at roughly the same time and your successful outcome (PSA down to 1) was an early indication for me that all was not well in my case!

Just started on Bicalutamide tablets and will have another hospital appointment in 2 weeks time.

I will certainly keep adding to my story for the benefit of all other fellow travellers!

Regards to you and your wife love Tom and Colette XXX

User
Posted 23 Jun 2021 at 14:48

Back again fellow travellers:

Good news for a change ....my latest PSA is now down to 0.56 and my Testosterone level is down to 0.60 after :

BICALUTAMIDE for 4 weeks from 10th April

ZOLADEX 3 month implant from 6th May.... probably for life or while it still works

ENZALUTAMIDE from 7th May

Good luck to every one else

Regards Tom              

User
Posted 31 Aug 2021 at 12:20

Further good news ...my PSA is now down to 0.10! So it's carry on taking the Enzalutamide tablets and 3 monthly Zolazex implants and cope with the side effects as best I can!

My Oncologist is pleased with the situation although obviously not the failure of the original LDR Brachytherapy but we are where we are and must stay positive!

They are confident that I have many years left yet so fingers crossed!

Regards Tom

User
Posted 31 Aug 2021 at 14:05

Hi Tom,

Good to hear you are getting some better results and Psa is coming down not sure what you are on or how it works. Keep in touch with the details as it helps everybody making decisions that at the time are hard make.

Regards John.