Show search

Notification

Error
<12

LDR Brachytherapy after HT

User
Posted 18 Dec 2020 at 11:34

Hi Tom,

Glad to see you are still fighting the good fights think you will need it this time of year with all your Grandchildren at Christmas.Fingers crossed for you in 2021.

Have a good Christmas with your wonderful family.

Regards John & Pat.

User
Posted 18 Dec 2020 at 11:48

Many thanks John... I have a loving wife standing by my side (and somtimes pushing me from behind!) which is a great source of encouragement!!

Covid restrictions are obviously going to have an impact this Christmas regards meeting up with family members so lets look forward to a happier times next year.

Hope yourself and Pat have a great Christmas and New Year

Onwards and Upwards

Regards Tom and Colette    

User
Posted 10 Apr 2021 at 15:27

Fellow travellers .. Time for an update on my roller coaster journey and its bad news I'm afraid!!

23rd Jan 2021 - 1st Covid vaccination

2nd Mar 2021 - PSA 17.0!

24th Mar 2021 - PSA 24.4!!

26th Mar 2021 - Hospital Bone Scan

31st Mar 2021 - Hospital CT Scan

9th Apr 2021 - Hospital appointment confirms cancer cells starting to spread so will be on Hormone treatment for the forseeable future!!

10th Apr 2021 - 2nd Covid vaccination

Very dissappointing outcome but must try and stay positive!!!

User
Posted 11 Apr 2021 at 12:06

Hi Tom,

So sorry to hear your latest setback you have had a rollercoaster of a ride over years but i think it has made you a lot stronger to continue the fight with the professionals guiding you.I think we had our brachytherapy around the same time when not many of the members on here had taken that option so it was difficult to make a decision on what option to take between brachytherapy and Robotic surgery.

Keep us up to date on the next treatments Tom.

Regards to you and your wife love John & Pat xx

User
Posted 11 Apr 2021 at 13:37
Hi John

Many thanks for your kind reply... it's very comforting and helps me to mainrain a positve attitude.

Yes we both had the Brachytherapy procedure at roughly the same time and your successful outcome (PSA down to 1) was an early indication for me that all was not well in my case!

Just started on Bicalutamide tablets and will have another hospital appointment in 2 weeks time.

I will certainly keep adding to my story for the benefit of all other fellow travellers!

Regards to you and your wife love Tom and Colette XXX
User
Posted 23 Jun 2021 at 14:48

Back again fellow travellers:

Good news for a change ....my latest PSA is now down to 0.56 and my Testosterone level is down to 0.60 after :

BICALUTAMIDE for 4 weeks from 10th April

ZOLADEX 3 month implant from 6th May.... probably for life or while it still works

ENZALUTAMIDE from 7th May

Good luck to every one else

Regards Tom              

User
Posted 31 Aug 2021 at 12:20

Further good news ...my PSA is now down to 0.10! So it's carry on taking the Enzalutamide tablets and 3 monthly Zolazex implants and cope with the side effects as best I can!

My Oncologist is pleased with the situation although obviously not the failure of the original LDR Brachytherapy but we are where we are and must stay positive!

They are confident that I have many years left yet so fingers crossed!

Regards Tom

User
Posted 31 Aug 2021 at 14:05

Hi Tom,

Good to hear you are getting some better results and Psa is coming down not sure what you are on or how it works. Keep in touch with the details as it helps everybody making decisions that at the time are hard make.

Regards John.

User
Posted 06 Dec 2021 at 16:59
3rd Dec 2021....Hi everybody ...time for an update:
Attended regular appointment at the hospital and PSA now <0.1
All other parameters acceptable so it's carry on with ZOLADEX and ENZALUTAMIDE until the next appointment in 3 months time
Regarda Tom
User
Posted 07 Dec 2021 at 11:53

Hi Tom,

Great results long may they last, best Christmas present.

John.

User
Posted 07 Dec 2021 at 17:21
Hi John

Many thanks for your good wishes..just have to stay positive for as long as possible and live with the hot flushes tiredness and frequent nocturnal trips to the loo!

Tom and Colette wish yourself and Pat a very merry Christmas and happy new year
User
Posted 16 Mar 2022 at 16:28

Hello again  ... time for an update

11th Mar 2022 PSA <0.1 and Alkaline Phosphatase 143 so everything still under control

However, on 29th Jan this year I fell heavily in a supermarket car park and broke right femur just below the ball joint!! This required the insertion of an IM nail and was discharged at 11pm on the 11th Feb (my birthday)

Am now slowly recovering at home

Best wishes and good luck to all my fellow travellers     

User
Posted 16 Mar 2022 at 16:52

Hi Tom,

Good to hear you are keeping the PSA down but not so good on the falling bit, I think the age bit is catching up with both of us Tom I am not due for my next psa till later in the year so the nerves will start again in a few months.

I thought i was getting away from the doctors surgery and hospitals but i felt a bit rough and my blood pressure monitor was picking up atrial fribulation so after seeing doctor have Hospital appointments  for possible monitor and in the meantime they have put me on statins and folic acid because of thick blood i thought the folic acid was for pregnancy. Also said cut the alcohol too that's all that was keeping me going but I will have to give it a try

Good luck Tom and regards to your wife.

John.

User
Posted 25 Mar 2022 at 12:58
Hi John ..Apologies for the late reply but so sorry to hear that you are starting to have peripheral problems. Like you say we are no longer "spring chickens"!! At least we have reached our mid 70's so every year survived from now on is a bonus!!
My broken Femur has severely resricted my movement ,,, been out only twice since with my physio to practice with my 4-wheel walker but we are getting there slowly. Looking forward to a week at a Warners Hotel on 1st April
Take care and good wishes to yourself and wife ,,, hope it's not too serious
User
Posted 25 Mar 2022 at 17:46

Let me jump into this conversation, John. I fully understand how you feel about always being involved in hospital and medical stuff in general, so sorry for that. Just wanted to tell you that my husband has had atrial fibrillation for quite a few years. He's now on HT and RT due to PC relapse, as well as on medication for his atrial fibrillation. So far so good. I mean, as long as you follow your doctor's rules it's ok, do not panic. Just have it controlled.

As for statines I guess they are related to high cholesterol, I also take them myself. And then folic acid... We're not pregnant but we go old, John. Lack of biochemical resources often come, I'm afraid this is a tribute we must pay for having arrived at this old age.

My intention in to encourage you. Coping with desease is not fun of course, but don't feel so scared about your atrial fibrillation. My OH is 73. Right now he's working really hard in the garden. Cheer up!

Best to all of you,

Lola

User
Posted 26 Mar 2022 at 11:11

Hi Lola,

Thanks for your comments on A F but it's just another thing to keep me on my toes. I am not worrying about it to much and will take the advise of the doctor and try to loose weight and adjust food and drink in the future.I think the last few years with elderly parents to look after the Covid lockdown and the wife's hip replacement has stopped us traveling down to Spain in the winter and getting a better life with the sun and exercise in our Motorhome. I think the P C is the thing to keep your eye on but so far my psa is stable after five and a half years so i will take my pills and with the better weather coming i can get the weight off chasing my wife's mobility scooter.

Good luck with husband's treatment in the future.

John.

User
Posted 20 Jun 2022 at 14:57

Back again fellow travellers.....time for an update....

31st May 2022 ... PSA still <0.1 so carry on taking the Enzalutamide tablets and Zoladex implants with further review in 3 months time

User
Posted 20 Jun 2022 at 15:07

Hi  Tom

Great to hear you are keeping it under control, numbers look good .I am getting ready for my yearly blood test in a couple of months but still try to catch up with guys & gals on here but not a lot of Brachytherpy questions to answer.Hoping your family are well.

John.

User
Posted 20 Jun 2022 at 16:11

Hi John .... It's a comfort that  my condition is stabilsed just have to put up with the side effects. A recent DEXA scan has revealed that I am also suffering from OSTEOPOROSIS hence the broken RIGHT FEMUR! but it is slowly healing.

Hope you are coping OK

Regards Tom and Colette 

User
Posted 15 Aug 2022 at 17:52
Latest update .... no change ...PSA still < 0.1 so carrying regardless
User
Posted 16 Aug 2022 at 00:23

Hi Tom,

Great news looks like the new medicine working long may it last.I have my yearly test next week so hoping for reasonable outcome also going in to cardiology next week for 72 hour monitoring to check on heart function ,not over bothered as PC is more lightly to get me in the end.

Hope your family are well regards John.

User
Posted 16 Aug 2022 at 18:35

Many thanks John and good luck with the test next week and good luck with the cardiology investigations.We both seem to be fighting on two fronts at the moment !!! My broken femur is slowly getting stronger and I am  going to weeky physio classes on how to avoid falls!!

The family are all fit and well and I couldn't wish for a better wife

Once again fingers crossed for next week 

Kind regards to all your family from Tom and Colette 

User
Posted 01 Dec 2022 at 16:06

25/11/2022 ... Latest PSA <0.1... Onco has suggested a 3 month break from ENZALUTAMIDE but continue with 3 monthly ZOLADEX implants

User
Posted 01 Dec 2022 at 16:41

Hi Tom,

Good to see your PSA is down and they are sorting you out long may it last, I am still Ok and was signed off by the Cardiology as scans seem to be ok so carry on as normal he said and don't rely on my blood pressure monitor when it says i have A F.

We have had some good news this week that the Granddaughter is having a baby next may so something to look forward to.

A bit early but have a great Christmas to you and Colette.

Regards John & Pat XX

User
Posted 01 Dec 2022 at 16:54

It sounds well !

I've been reading your profile and bio. This desease sucks but, in your case, I'm glad to see you're coping with it. And I also have observed that you're quite a sensitive and compassionate person; your care and feel sad for those who are not doing well. Congrats on being that way.

My husband's also in this journey, I totally emphasize with you as well as with all the guys and wives here. Sharing feelings helps, doesn't it?

I hope you continue to do well xx                               Lola.

Edited by member 01 Dec 2022 at 16:59  | Reason: Not specified

User
Posted 03 Dec 2022 at 16:15

Many thanks John for your good wishes and pleased that you have been signed off from the cardiologist

As you say it's a bit early but Colette and I wish you a merry Christmas and a happy new year.... long may it continue

Regards Tom and Colette 

User
Posted 03 Dec 2022 at 16:20
Many apologies John forgot to congratulate you on the good news about your grandaughter! Something very special to look forward to
Regards Tom and Colette
User
Posted 23 Jan 2023 at 17:49

PSA still <0.1 Fatigue and Brain Fog much reduced...Onco suggests resuming ENZALUTAMIDE (2 tablets (rather than 4) per day after tests for early signs of PARKINSONS desease on 9/2/2023

User
Posted 12 Jun 2023 at 13:15

26/05/2023 .... PSA still <0.1 Steady as she goes but tricky timing when to take various tablets for my Prostate Cancer and early onset Parkinsons disease! 

User
Posted 15 Jun 2023 at 15:22

Hi Tom,

Good to see you are keeping it all under control with your other medical needs and hope  Colette is looking after you, my numbers are keeping steady with next psa due in September and apart from a hospital visit to check what i believed was some sort of bleed in my vision that they don't seem to worried about alls well and we have started traveling a bit more in the motorhome.Keep well Tom.

Regards John & Pat.

User
Posted 15 Jun 2023 at 16:55

Many thanks John for your response to my latest entry ..... we are both carrying on regardless and long may it be so!

Colette and I will be at a Warners Hotel next week ... can't wait!!

I hope you have a good summer in your caravan or is it a motorhome?

Until next time lets hope we can both keep going for a few more years yet?!!

Kind regards to yourself and Pat

From Tom and Colette   

User
Posted 16 Aug 2023 at 10:55

16/08/2023 .... PSA still <0.1 Steady as she goes but tricky timing when to take various tablets for my Prostate Cancer and early onset Parkinsons disease! 

User
Posted 22 Aug 2023 at 17:05

Hi Tom,

Great news with your PSA numbers under control long may it last, had my yearly blood test last week and awaiting results.Hope you and Colette are both well and getting around. We have both slowed down a bit as pat is not as mobile as she used to be but still getting away in the Motorhome when we can,take care.

regards John & Pat xx

User
Posted 22 Aug 2023 at 17:50
Hi John ...many thanks for your good wishes...the relatively old wagons keep rolling along dont they!!!
Colette and I keep having regular short breaks with or without our children. Our last trip was a coach tour to visit Bletchley Park; Duxford Aerodrome and Churchill's War Rooms in London last week...very interesting. Off to Porthmadog this weekend with one of our childrens family!!!
Hope you enjoy your motorhome for many years to come and Pat remains stable
Many regards...Tom and Colette
User
Posted 20 Nov 2023 at 17:06

As of 8th Nov 2023....PSA still <0.1 ..... so still alive and kicking !!!!!

Edited by member 20 Nov 2023 at 17:06  | Reason: Not specified

User
Posted 20 Nov 2023 at 18:13

Hi Tom,

Good numbers mate we are very pleased for you long may it last, had my tests in September all good apart from ED but that's how it goes could be down to old age and my love of wine and curry's.

We are hoping things will slow down next year, and get to travel more , had flu and booster covid jabs so Calm down & carry on.

Regards John & Pat .

User
Posted 01 Feb 2024 at 13:19

29 Jan 2024 .....Still good news ..... PSA <0.10 .. Hope you are still fit and well John and Pat

Regards Tom

User
Posted 01 Feb 2024 at 15:17

Great News Tom, really pleased for you.

Derek

User
Posted 01 Feb 2024 at 17:33

Hi Tom,

Sounds like good news long may it last just keep up with the test ,like me still have them in September every year with fingers crossed. I think i have had more stress away from from the cancer over the last few years but hoping this year will be a bit better if can get a bit of traveling and sunshine in.

Regards john & Pat.

User
Posted 02 Feb 2024 at 17:09

Many thanks John .... as you suggest all we can do is keep taking the treatments on offer and hope for the best!!

Happy New Year to yourself and Pat from Tom and Colette