Show search

Notification

Error
<12

Robotic RP post op recovery

User
Posted 24 Mar 2017 at 12:06

Hi Lola,

Make sure he does the exercises properly, you can find the muscles by stopping the flow in midstream or squeezing your bum as you would to stop a fart, I know how he feels us men don't talk about this stuff but it does help,

Paul

User
Posted 27 Apr 2017 at 20:55

Ok, so we are now 11 weeks post op and healing is going very well. OH has just been for a pee and there is a small amount of blood in the urine, has any-one else experienced this so late after surgery having had nothing really since catheter removal.

My theory is that it is a scab or something that has dislodged from the join site but is this realistic.

As you can imagine this is freaking husband out a bit. Says he hasn't done anything unusual, some penile exercise earlier and hasn't overstretched the bladder or been holding on for the loo.

User
Posted 27 Apr 2017 at 21:41

I can't really remember the timescale I'm sorry , and I certainly don't want to advise, but I had some heavy bleeding and scabs weeks after I had been clear. One day I drank way too much and hung on way too long , and when I had a wee I nearly fainted. So a small amount -- you can phone Urology ward direct if worried or just watch a couple of days.

User
Posted 27 Apr 2017 at 21:59

Thanks, I'm not particularly worried and think watch and wait is probably right approach. Just thought if I could back this up with anecdotal evidence that this happens it might be easier for OH to take on board.

User
Posted 03 May 2017 at 12:08

An update in case any-one else Googles the question in the future.
Consultant has confirmed that the bleeding is quite normal even this many weeks post surgery. The stitches in the urethra and around the bladder neck break up at around the 3 month mark and so there could be some small movement or strain that causes a small bleed. The scabs / dead cells have been washing out of the system for the subsequent 4 or 5 days which again is completely normal.

User
Posted 11 May 2017 at 19:59
Great to hear all's well Paul. I had da Vinci op three days ago. I said the same as you about erectile function being least important however my surgeon was able to spare one side.

6 weeks now till follow up. Hard to stop my mind working overtime so any help/advice most welcome. Good luck to everyone on here.

User
Posted 11 May 2017 at 20:00
Great to hear all's well Paul. I had da Vinci op three days ago. I said the same as you about erectile function being least important however my surgeon was able to spare one side.

6 weeks now till follow up. Hard to stop my mind working overtime so any help/advice most welcome. Good luck to everyone on here.