I'm interested in conversations about and I want to talk about
Know exactly what you want?
Show search

Notification

Error

User
Posted 15 Mar 2017 at 17:06

Hi everyone,

We are experiencing an issue with new posts giving a page not found error on submission of your post. Your post does appear on the community so you do not need to repost your message. We are working on resolving this bug.

Thank you all for your patience. I will keep you updated on the resolution of the new post/page not found issue.

Best wishes,

Carol

Digital Manager
Prostate Cancer UK

Edited by member 23 May 2018 at 16:57  | Reason: Not specified

User
Posted 26 Apr 2018 at 18:42

Hi Alan,

I found a work-around is to page backwards with the back arrow and then press the 'refresh' double arrow button, so the page reloads, usually with yr. new post.

G

User
Posted 30 Apr 2018 at 16:31

Hi everyone,

I completely understand and share your frustrations with the issues we have been experiencing with the platform. We have been working hard behind the scenes to get these issues resolved. I am pleased to say we have made good progress with resolving these issues.

We are carrying out extensive testing at the moment and once the testing has been successfully completed we will look to deploy these fixes to the live platform as soon as we can.

Please can I ask you to bear with us just a little bit longer. We are doing all we can to get things sorted as soon as we can for you.

Thanks for your patience and understanding.

Best wishes,

Carol

Digital Manager
Prostate Cancer UK

Show Most Thanked Posts
User
Posted 20 Mar 2017 at 17:22

Hi everyone,

We are still working on fixing this bug.

If you do see a page not found error when you submit your new post please do not worry your post has been created and sent for moderation as normal. You do not need to repost your message it will appear on the community once it has gone through moderation.

Thank you for your patience whilst we work on fixing this.

Best wishes,

Carol

Digital Manager
Prostate Cancer UK

User
Posted 26 Apr 2018 at 11:25
Originally Posted by: Online Community Member

Hi everyone,

We are still working on fixing this bug.

If you do see a page not found error when you submit your new post please do not worry your post has been created and sent for moderation as normal. You do not need to repost your message it will appear on the community once it has gone through moderation.

Thank you for your patience whilst we work on fixing this.

Best wishes,

Carol

Digital Manager
Prostate Cancer UK

So Carol, I am still experiencing this error in April 2018. I do understand that it is only a slight annoyance but even when posting to an existing topic where I have posted before it still goes to this annoying page not found error. All I wanted to do was to go back to the topic where I just posted so I could continue reading

Many thanks for your time

User
Posted 26 Apr 2018 at 18:42

Hi Alan,

I found a work-around is to page backwards with the back arrow and then press the 'refresh' double arrow button, so the page reloads, usually with yr. new post.

G

User
Posted 26 Apr 2018 at 19:59

Yes - that's what I do as well. Thank God for the back button!

"Life can only be understood backwards; but it must be lived forwards." Soren Kierkegaard

User
Posted 26 Apr 2018 at 20:01

Carol, it would be good if the techies could also do something about the problem when a page is getting near to turning over time, e.g. clicking on new post for page 14 and finding there is nothing there because the posts are actually still on p13. We have had this problem for as long as the new platform has been in existence.

"Life can only be understood backwards; but it must be lived forwards." Soren Kierkegaard

User
Posted 26 Apr 2018 at 21:19
Carol

Another long outstanding request was to sort out the search facility so that recent posts are included in the search. The last time I tested it the most recent results were over a year old. I know we can use Google to search the site but new members are often told to use the search box.

Sorry to moan. I would like to add the benefits of site far outweigh the few problems we encounter.

Thanks Chris

User
Posted 30 Apr 2018 at 16:31

Hi everyone,

I completely understand and share your frustrations with the issues we have been experiencing with the platform. We have been working hard behind the scenes to get these issues resolved. I am pleased to say we have made good progress with resolving these issues.

We are carrying out extensive testing at the moment and once the testing has been successfully completed we will look to deploy these fixes to the live platform as soon as we can.

Please can I ask you to bear with us just a little bit longer. We are doing all we can to get things sorted as soon as we can for you.

Thanks for your patience and understanding.

Best wishes,

Carol

Digital Manager
Prostate Cancer UK

User
Posted 30 Apr 2018 at 20:33

I raised the most unsatisfactory 'search' facility with a PCUK representative at the meeting at the Mill last year (having also complained about this from time to time on the forum). What is needed is a separate search facility or sub section which covers the threads exclusively posted by forum members. The present search facility is so cluttered with stuff, much of it irrelevant, that it is quicker and more appropriate to search for it on Google where members posts appear, although this takes more time than a fit for purpose forum search should take.

Barry
User
Posted 30 Apr 2018 at 23:17

Thanks Carol :-)