I'm interested in conversations about and I want to talk about
Know exactly what you want?
Show search

Notification

Error

any help would be appreciated

User
Posted 15 Mar 2017 at 17:07

Hi guys this is going to be long but any reassurance or confusion which can be solved would be greatly appreciated

About 3 weeks my dad developed a really bad infection and was taken to the hospital, he had really high temperatures and shivers, he had developed BPH.

He is at home now and was treated with anti biotics which is good news, however while he was at the hospital the doctor did an digital erectal exam and found a small lump, he said it was very possible he might have prostate cancer, he had a CT scan and BONE scan which came back fine, he also had an MRI scan and Biopsy, the biopsy has confirmed my dad hasn't got cancer but The MRI scan says he does have it but it has spread according to a different consultant. My dad recently went back to HIS doctor and he said the lump is still there but it is way smaller then what it was at the hospital, he said there isn't nothing to worry about but is not ruling OUT cancer, he has taken more blood samples from my dad and said if something comes up he will get in touch with us in two weeks, there is a huge confusion as the biopsy has said there is no cancer but the MRI says there is in doctors terminology the bone scan came back clear which I am pleased about. Any help would be appreciated as I keep thinking the worst case scenario, mood has Bern up and down big time.....Thanks!

sukhdip

User
Posted 15 Mar 2017 at 18:42

Sukhdip, how old is your dad?

"Life can only be understood backwards; but it must be lived forwards." Soren Kierkegaard

User
Posted 16 Mar 2017 at 10:10

It is possible that there's cancer with a negative biopsy, alas.

It's possible that the samples taken missed the cancer. Fairly unusual, but quite possible. If the MRI is not in doubt - you'll soon know - then he will need further investigations, perhaps further biopsies.

See what the multidisciplinary consensus is.