Know exactly what you want?
Show search

Notification

Error

past history and symtoms

User
Posted 11 Jun 2017 at 17:24

hi all

firstly a history lesson , im a 57 yo with a past  history of thyroid and skin cancer , after a visit to my urologist after having retention problems ,I was asked if I had ever had a PSA  test i said no so duly had one , came back as 3.3 was forwarded for a biopsy but PSA  had gone down to 3.0 the week before so did not go ahead with it , following PSA  test levels where 3,7 then 4.1 at witch time  a biopsy was called for and i had last week . I am waiting for results next week does having cancer before put me more at risk ? have had 2  MRI scans and have some BPH changes ,prostate size is 32cc

Edited by member 11 Jun 2017 at 19:09  | Reason: Not specified

User
Posted 13 Jun 2017 at 17:36

I've been on holiday tuono so catching up with late posts and I see that again, your post is unanswered.

Personally I would have thought with a history of BPH the fluctuations in your PSA was caused by that.

Either way, you have now had the biopsy so the result will give a better picture.

Please let us know what the results are in the hope that somebody will finally respond to you

We can't control the winds - but we can adjust our sails
User
Posted 13 Jun 2017 at 17:58

told today that I have low grade PC I am on survalance and 3 monthly PSA tests , it wont kill me so that is a relife

User
Posted 13 Jun 2017 at 22:24

Well surveillance is good and buys you time to a) get your head around the fact you have cancer, even low grade and b) you have time to research options if you need them in the future.

We can't control the winds - but we can adjust our sails
User
Posted 14 Jun 2017 at 05:58

yes im ok today but I think it will take a little while to come to terms with it all , its been a bit of a roller coaster the last few weeks .

User
Posted 24 Jun 2017 at 07:38

3 weeks since I got my results and I feel very depressed all I want to do is hold on tight to some one and cry my eyes out , I work for the NHS and they are getting me some counseling I think I need some

User
Posted 24 Jun 2017 at 08:04

Hi, Tuono.

I don't think you have to be so fearful and sad. A low risk PC is not supposed to be a big threat. Here u can see how more serious PC have been successfully treated. My OH, for instance.

Maybe you are going through an emotional depression due to circumstances. Check it.

Best wishes,

Lola.

User
Posted 24 Jun 2017 at 08:54

Thank you for replying , your properly right , i do have a partner but she works and lives in Germany and i spend a lot of time on my own so could do with being with her at this moment , thankfully im off out there soon for some TLC