I'm interested in conversations about and I want to talk about
Know exactly what you want?
Show search

Notification

Error

CyberKnife - 3 months after

User
Posted 09 Jul 2017 at 00:04
Diagnosis: localized carcinoma of prostrate - October 2016. 3/8 affected .Gleason 3+4 (50%)2/3core, 3+4(30%)2/4core, 3+3(<5%)1/6core.DRE clear. MRI No extra-capsular disease, no evidence of lymphadenopathy. PSA 6.3 , Age 61 years, 53cc post biopsy gland

Medical history : Myocardial infract -16 years ago . One coronary artery sent and since then no issues. Check up with cardiologist regularly.

Erectile dysfunction - 4 1/2 years ago . Pills worked till this year. Injection recommended - (Edex) tried once and worked in physicians office but painful.

TREATMENT :

Hormone therapy ( bicalutamide 150mg once a day tablet, ) for 3months , then implantation of fiducial markers,MRI and CT scan to design treatment thenCyberKnife radiation for 5 days. Gel used to minimize effect on other immediate organs - Space OAR. Bicalutamide stopped on day CyberKnife treatment was completed three months ago.

POST TREATMENT:

First three months follow up today after CyberKnife treatment

PSA 1.79 today from 3.06 three months ago

Urinary urgency still present sometimes but significantly reduced .

Urinary rate flow significantly improved. Did not need flowmax after CyberKnife

Mild breast enlargement from hormone treatment still present

Told that these will gradually get back to normal but even now they are not problems.

No other side effect noticed .

Next PSA check in three months. Hoping and praying for permanent very low PSA.

Will follow up with urologist on ED. Need one that is not painful and can be transported with minimal ceremony.

User
Posted 18 Jul 2017 at 21:31

Thanks for the update Bui.

I'm sure somebody will find it helpful.

Could I make a suggestion please. If you were to copy and paste your post into your profile it will be there when somebody wants information.

The way you have currently presented it means that as soon as it hits the bottom of the page it will likely disappear. By putting it in your profile you will also have easy access to it and can add to it periodically.

Just a suggestion, I hope you don't mind

We can't control the winds - but we can adjust our sails
User
Posted 26 Jul 2017 at 02:36
Thanks for the suggestion to post in my profile.

The idea of posting my experience is for others to learn / read it.

I do no know how to post in my profile- copied and tried but no luck

Please let me know how this can be done

Regards