I'm interested in conversations about and I want to talk about
Know exactly what you want?
Show search

Notification

Error

Tamsulosin after TURP?

User
Posted 12 Jul 2017 at 11:02

I will be starting RT at some point in the next 2 months after my TURP which was about 6 weeks ago. I don't think my flow is as good as it was just a week or two after the procedure. This morning I went to A&E as I could only pee as a dribble and struggled to do that. After a bladder scan, the doctor I saw recommended going back on to Tamsulosin to relax the prostate as I wasn't going into retention, but the consultant who did my op took me off it. My question is who is right? I didn't know if coming off it was part of the healing process. Being honest I thought the drug was a godsend.

User
Posted 12 Jul 2017 at 19:54

The reduction in flow seems a bit odd, after all, the whole purpose of a TURP is to drill a great big hole through your prostate... With mine, the flow was constantly good after TURP, right up to the point where I lost my prostate. It might be worth checking with your consultant whether there could still be some debris, or the odd clot hanging around and obstructing the voluntary sphincter?.

Tony

TURP then LRP in 2009/2010. Lots of leakage but PSA < 0.1 AMS-800 Artificial Sphincter activated 2015.