Show search

Notification

Error
<12

Rising PSA post RP

User
Posted 26 Oct 2018 at 17:16
Well done!

Sorry to hear about the bowel issues. I hope they get it sorted!
User
Posted 26 Oct 2018 at 17:59
Thanks. Just hope your post radiotherapy PSA readings will be as good as mine.

The hospital phoned me this afternoon informing me they will complete the second colonoscopy procedure on 20th November. Fingers crossed the removal of the last two polyps will do the trick. Someting to look forward? to but fingers crossed nevertheless.

Good luck.

David
User
Posted 05 Mar 2019 at 05:45

Concerned to say the least. My wife and I had our annual winter break in our apartment in Spain and returned to the UK early March. The weather was truly wonderful throughout our 11 week stay. However, my daily walks were curtailed this time because whenever I attempted them I had severe breathless problems. Saw a Doc in Spain who prescribed anti-biotics but to no effect. The symptoms persisted and I saw my own GP yesterday who immediately sent me for a chest x-ray and I now await its result. Yes, I think the word 'concerned' is an understatement at this time.  

User
Posted 15 Oct 2019 at 19:41
Haven’t posted in a wee while but still keeping tabs on this worthwhile site from time to time and enjoying the good Posts from members and feeling deflated and sad at the not so good ones. Thought I’d just do a quick update on my own situation for anyone interested... When we arrived back from Spain in early March this year my breathing was extremely poor and I couldn’t walk 50 yards without having to stop and it got so bad I was eventually hospitalised at the end of April. I’d never had heart problems before but after being transferred from my local hospital to the excellent St Bartholomews in London, I was diagnosed with severe aorta valve damage and it was eventually decided that I should have a TAVR procedure where the clapped out aorta valve is replaced with a mechanical one. Unfortunately, whilst carrying out the surgery in late May, the femural artery was damaged and subsequently I still can’t walk very far because the blood flow to my right leg and foot is restricted and so cramps up causing a fair bit of pain. But enough of the bad news because since the procedure my breathing has been 100% better. The amazing outcome of all this is that I am now seeing Oncology, Cardiology, Urology and Vascular experts which obviously makes me a real professional in the hospital visit stakes. But I digress because what I’m also really delighted about is that after seeing my oncologist in late September my PSA reading is still considered as undetectable. It’s been a really difficult year for me but hopefully I’m finishing it with the best possible news.
User
Posted 16 Oct 2019 at 11:18

Glad to hear your PSA is still undetectable, that’s great.

Also very positive news on sorting out your aortic valve problem.

All the best,

Ido4