I'm interested in conversations about and I want to talk about
Know exactly what you want?
Show search

Notification

Error

Personal story and getting invovled

User
Posted 24 Jul 2017 at 13:58
Hello, my name is Barbara, i just joined this forum and am wondering if anyone is thinking of any awareness event in Africa. I am planning on one in Nigeria but dont know where to start from as i want to do an event in memory of my dad who passed way last year to prostate cancer and at that to me he was not aware of it and was been treated blindly till it was late. Suggestions highly appreciated, also am planning to organise a fundraising on the 26th of August 2017 to help support Prostate cancer UK in the huge work they are doing here and possibly call families who lost someone to prostate cancer to come together and we can render support to those struggling with the grief especially their children.

Edited by member 24 Jul 2017 at 17:24  | Reason: Not specified

User
Posted 24 Jul 2017 at 16:00

Just to welcome you to the site Barbygirl and to bump your post as I don't have the information you need.

Condolences on the loss of your father. It must have been a shock and well done on wanting to get involved

Best Wishes

Sandra

We can't control the winds - but we can adjust our sails
User
Posted 24 Jul 2017 at 17:25
Thanks Johsan, will update u on my mission
User
Posted 29 Dec 2017 at 10:01

Hi,

I was born in Nigeria, now living in the UK, any update since your posting in July.

I have only joined this group yesterday.

User
Posted 01 May 2019 at 07:30

How did you get as I too was planning on doing something similar in Nigeria

User
Posted 11 Feb 2021 at 20:21

Hi All,

It's good to see people doing proactive awareness about African/African Caribbean, BAME Men's Prostate Cancer?

I wonder if people would be interested in collaborating and doing something internationally for:

* National Minority Cancer Awareness Month in April 2021?

* National Young Adult Cancer Awareness Week?

* World Health Day 7th April 2021?

* National Cancer Research Month in May 2021?

* Cancer Survivors Month in June 2021? 

*  Men's Health Week 15th - 21st June 2021?

Prostate Cancer Awareness Month in September 2021?

* World Cancer Research Day 24 September 2021?