I'm interested in conversations about and I want to talk about
Know exactly what you want?
Show search

Notification

Error

prostate cancer risks and enlargement

User
Posted 20 Aug 2017 at 06:21

My PSA is rising to 9.2 now but I am afraid to take biopsy which is advised by my urologist. He offers me second choice "3T MRI" but it needs injection to make the images to show its charactics.  Without injection, doctor can not tell it is cancer or not. The injection will damage brais and thinning the skin as its site effectives but the doctor tells me my kidneys are normal for such a injection. I think I have enlargement to make pee difficulties but the doctor tells me i have 40% risk of cancer, which is higher than 23% cancer according to my FREE PSA AND %PSA AND TOTAL PSA.  My friend got biopsy but he has suffered its site effectives of his urine leak from biopsy and other problems from biopsy so that he consider to sue his urologist. Well, my family members do not have prostate cancer. I have not eaten too much red meats and most of time i eat wild fish or farmed fish without using antibiotic. Most fruits I eat are organic.       

User
Posted 20 Aug 2017 at 09:05

Hi and welcome,

I had a biopsy with no problems, cancer was found Gleason 3+4=7 i had no symptoms before as high Psa was 2.19 and doctor referred me for further tests after a private medical to renew my 7.5 ton driving licence and i would have been no wiser  12 months on, my cancer was caught early, had Brachytherapy September 2016 all went well,PSA dropping now on six months for blood tests i am 71.I can under stand your thinking but if you have got it you need to have it checked out sooner than later.

I am not sure that not eating red meat fresh fish and having a healthy life style is a cure for prostate cancer or it would be on the list for treatments.I wish you luck with your decisions