I'm interested in conversations about and I want to talk about
Know exactly what you want?
Show search

Notification

Error

Please help us with our vital survey on active surveillance - active surveillance,Prostate cancer treatment

User
Posted 21 Aug 2017 at 13:58

Hi there,

We need your help!

As part of our work around active surveillance, we have launched an online survey so we can gain a greater understanding of men's decisions when faced with treatment options. The survey takes less than five minutes to complete and could provide us with valuable insight.

COMPLETE THE SURVEY

As I'm sure many of you know, active surveillance is a way of carefully monitoring prostate cancer that hasn’t spread outside the prostate (localised prostate cancer), rather than immediately starting with radical treatment such as surgery or radiotherapy.  

Many men who choose active surveillance have the same outcomes as men who opt for radical treatment. However, men on active surveillance are able to delay or avoid altogether the side-effects of surgery or radiotherapy which some men experience.

It might seem strange not to have treatment, but localised prostate cancer often grows slowly – if at all – and may have a low risk of spreading. So, it may never cause you any problems or affect how long you live. Because of this, you might not need any treatment and many men on active surveillance won’t need treatment in their lifetime. 

We are working with leading clinicians and health professionals to develop best practice guidelines for active surveillance that will be adopted by health services across the UK as part of our mission to ensure all men are offered the best possible treatments options for them when they need it. And that’s where we need you as we cannot do that without firstly getting the expert views and experiences of men who have prostate cancer.  

Thank you very much for your support. 

Cheers,

Hollie

Edited by member 21 Aug 2017 at 14:34  | Reason: Not specified

User
Posted 21 Aug 2017 at 17:44

All done

We can't control the winds - but we can adjust our sails
User
Posted 22 Aug 2017 at 08:54

Survey completed 21.08.2017.

User
Posted 22 Aug 2017 at 14:20

Done,

User
Posted 30 Aug 2017 at 15:09

Thank you all for your support, much appreciated.

Cheers,

Hollie