I'm interested in conversations about and I want to talk about
Know exactly what you want?
Show search

Notification

Error

Concerning News

User
Posted 08 Sep 2017 at 19:04

What a week !  saw Consultant last Friday for the check as o/h on STAMPEDE ARM J -Consultant in Oncology pleased with Prostate position. O/H had a scan around 3 -4 weeks ago but that has shown a thickening of the osephegus (spelling) - more tests needed to check this out so is being fast-tracked for this.  So disappointed and worried that this could mean they have found something serious - particularly as he has done so well on the trail drug.  He doesn't talk too well about these issues - I know he is worrying and so disappointed after seemingly doing so well.  The fight goes on when we know what we are dealing with.

User
Posted 09 Sep 2017 at 06:28

Hello jackie.

I am so sorry that the trial is not going as well as expected or hoped for

I hope somebody who has undergone the same can come along and reassure you

We can't control the winds - but we can adjust our sails
User
Posted 10 Sep 2017 at 03:26

Hi Jackie,

Try not to worry, I know that's easier to same than do, but everything may turn out to be ok.

I know it's hard when your OH bottles things up but some people find it easier to deal with problems that way.  He may not want to worry you, I know there are some things about my health problems that I don't mention to my wife because I want to prevent her from worrying too much.  I haven't told my mum about my cancer or my heart attack because I want her to enjoy her last days without having to worry about my health.  My dad died from a heart attack when he was only 47 and my sister's husband has cancer so I know she would be heartbroken to know of my health problems.

Anyway, keep in touch and hope everything turns out ok.

Steve