I'm interested in conversations about and I want to talk about
Know exactly what you want?
Show search

Notification

Error

Pleased I Joined

User
Posted 09 Sep 2017 at 22:30
I joined yesterday and having just finished RT, I wrote about the immediate post treatment emotional void. I worried I was unique, so it was very reassuring to quickly get assurances that I was in fact normal and including one marvellous Soren Kierkegaard quote.

I'm really pleased I joined up. I'm feeling better already.

User
Posted 09 Sep 2017 at 22:30
I joined yesterday and having just finished RT, I wrote about the immediate post treatment emotional void. I worried I was unique, so it was very reassuring to quickly get assurances that I was in fact normal and including one marvellous Soren Kierkegaard quote.

I'm really pleased I joined up. I'm feeling better already.

User
Posted 10 Sep 2017 at 10:03

You have found what we do best. A listening ear and a shoulder to lean on, not to mention the wealth of useful information from those who have the experience you need

Welcome to our world eh !

We can't control the winds - but we can adjust our sails
User
Posted 10 Sep 2017 at 13:04
Manwing2

I'd be lost without the forum - so informative. And caring. And let's not forget the PCUK nurses.

My doctors are brilliant, but it's this forum that really educates me.

Ulsterman

User
Posted 12 Sep 2017 at 12:23

The site does have a few quirks, one of which is that it can be slow to respond so that members may think their post has not been processed. This can lead the poster to submit again (and again) as is the case here. Should duplication happen, the poster can delete repetitions by using the X sign to the right of his/her post. It applies only to the member's own post and you can't delete another member's post.

Good to know you are happy you joined us though of course sorry for the reason that brings you here.

Edited by member 13 Sep 2017 at 00:34  | Reason: Not specified

Barry
Show Most Thanked Posts
User
Posted 10 Sep 2017 at 10:03

You have found what we do best. A listening ear and a shoulder to lean on, not to mention the wealth of useful information from those who have the experience you need

Welcome to our world eh !

User
Posted 10 Sep 2017 at 13:04
Manwing2

I'd be lost without the forum - so informative. And caring. And let's not forget the PCUK nurses.

My doctors are brilliant, but it's this forum that really educates me.

Ulsterman

User
Posted 12 Sep 2017 at 09:15

For those people who kindly replied to one of my initial posts four days ago and gave me reassurance and encouragement, I am now getting the hang of the site and I have added a biography

User
Posted 12 Sep 2017 at 09:15

For those people who kindly replied to my very first post four days ago and gave me reassurance and encouragement, I am now getting the hang of the site and I have added a biography http://community.prostatecanceruk.org/editors/tiny_mce/plugins/emoticons/img/smiley-wink.gif

User
Posted 12 Sep 2017 at 12:23

The site does have a few quirks, one of which is that it can be slow to respond so that members may think their post has not been processed. This can lead the poster to submit again (and again) as is the case here. Should duplication happen, the poster can delete repetitions by using the X sign to the right of his/her post. It applies only to the member's own post and you can't delete another member's post.

Good to know you are happy you joined us though of course sorry for the reason that brings you here.

Edited by member 13 Sep 2017 at 00:34  | Reason: Not specified

Barry
User
Posted 12 Sep 2017 at 13:07

Now I didn't know that Barry. I just go back in and say "Duplicated post"

I never even noticed the X in my posts. Thanks for that, it will save me time

User
Posted 12 Sep 2017 at 14:57
I think I am right in saying deleting posts is the cause of the dreaded page not found problem.

Thanks Chris