I'm interested in conversations about and I want to talk about
Know exactly what you want?
Show search

Notification

Error

Answers

User
Posted 05 Nov 2017 at 18:22
My husband was diagnosed with advanced prostrate cancer a year ago , T4 N1 M the cancer had spread to his shoulder . He has just had 6 sessions of chemo , and is on HT . Our last visit to the oncologist was not very positive but he appears well anyone else with a similar diagnosis ?
User
Posted 05 Nov 2017 at 18:48

Hello Julie and welcome to the site.

I'm sorry that your last visit to the consultant was less than satisfactory.

When you say "not very positive" do you mean in terms of treatment or longevity?

We have men on here who are in the incurable camp and have been for years but they live very full lives.

Hopefully, one of them will be along to say hello too

Best Wishes

Sandra

We can't control the winds - but we can adjust our sails
User
Posted 06 Nov 2017 at 17:25

Jujubirtles, we need more info before we can advise. Gleason score, PSA levels, scan results and so on. Could you include in the profile?

If it's any help I'm over ten years as a survivor with pretty high numbers initially, so don't despair!

AC

User
Posted 07 Nov 2017 at 17:04

It is not a death sentence. Over ten years from diagnosis with Gleason 9 and a PSA of 62, I'm doing fine. No reason why your husband shouldn't also. You need to stop being angry. There is no one to blame for this. Move on to making the most of every day, being positive and look ahead to years of fulfilling life.

AC

Show Most Thanked Posts
User
Posted 05 Nov 2017 at 18:48

Hello Julie and welcome to the site.

I'm sorry that your last visit to the consultant was less than satisfactory.

When you say "not very positive" do you mean in terms of treatment or longevity?

We have men on here who are in the incurable camp and have been for years but they live very full lives.

Hopefully, one of them will be along to say hello too

Best Wishes

Sandra

We can't control the winds - but we can adjust our sails
User
Posted 06 Nov 2017 at 17:25

Jujubirtles, we need more info before we can advise. Gleason score, PSA levels, scan results and so on. Could you include in the profile?

If it's any help I'm over ten years as a survivor with pretty high numbers initially, so don't despair!

AC

User
Posted 06 Nov 2017 at 20:21
Hi

His PSA was 45 at diagnosis and is now 0.5 the Gleason score was 9 and 7 (4+3 )MRI. Showed mets in his shoulder we were told it was high grade .

User
Posted 06 Nov 2017 at 21:13

So what made the last onco appointment less than positive? The appointment system, the onco's attitude or the prognosis? 

Edited by member 06 Nov 2017 at 21:14  | Reason: Not specified

"Life can only be understood backwards; but it must be lived forwards." Soren Kierkegaard

User
Posted 06 Nov 2017 at 21:24
The oncologist attitude . Sometimes I wish we had never known it’s the uncertainty knowing you’ve got a death sentence but not knowing when ! sorry just angry .
User
Posted 07 Nov 2017 at 17:04

It is not a death sentence. Over ten years from diagnosis with Gleason 9 and a PSA of 62, I'm doing fine. No reason why your husband shouldn't also. You need to stop being angry. There is no one to blame for this. Move on to making the most of every day, being positive and look ahead to years of fulfilling life.

AC