I'm interested in conversations about and I want to talk about
Know exactly what you want?
Show search

Notification

Error

I feel feminine now

User
Posted 09 Nov 2017 at 00:05
Since my proatatectomy I have felt very feminine. I think it was in the works before, but now it's what I desire. Does this happen to others? I want to know...
User
Posted 09 Nov 2017 at 08:33

Hello Bill and welcome to teh site

How long ago was your operation and are you on any hormones.

We can't control the winds - but we can adjust our sails
User
Posted 09 Nov 2017 at 17:50

Bill, I’m nearly 12 years now since Dx and I’d say that I’m more sensitive now to feelings, one does get used to the hotties but the cold spells I don’t like.

Chris.

User
Posted 09 Nov 2017 at 20:02

All this is quite different from "feeling feminine". Bill I needs to explain what he means. HT brings out our gentler side as the testosterone is suppressed, but I doubt that most of us would say we feel feminine as a result!

AC

User
Posted 11 Nov 2017 at 15:53
Originally Posted by: Online Community Member

All this is quite different from "feeling feminine". Bill I needs to explain what he means. HT brings out our gentler side as the testosterone is suppressed, but I doubt that most of us would say we feel feminine as a result!

AC

Likewise. I think my wife would like me to stay on them wether I need them or not.. I always felt I was from Mars, but now more from Venus these days. I think I'm now from somewhere in between. (I know that makes me from Earth)!

User
Posted 13 Nov 2017 at 13:51

Hello Bill, Yes, oddly I find myself in the same situation. I feel like I have the sex drive of a teenage girl and certainly the sexual response of one, I don't mean that I'm attracted to men, merely that an orgasm is as difficult to come by as one.

I have recently taken a couple of surveys regarding the female side of the male brain, and both have come out as me being 90% woman. The wife (oddly) seems to still like the new me.

User
Posted 21 Aug 2021 at 14:43

I’m on Tamsulosin& Finasteride, do these make you feel that way ? 

User
Posted 26 Aug 2021 at 22:54

Hi

I almost know what you mean.  I had 3 years of hormone treatment after successful radiotherapy and by the end of it, I had grown a nice pair of man boobs which are still here 15 months after the last dose of hormone treatment.

I liked more brightly coloured clothing and tried to look smarter.  My body hair all disappeared apart from the pubic hair.  My head hair started to re-grow on my bald patch.  I became tearful easily and very indecisive.  I still experience hot flushes.So, yes, I recognise what you are experiencing.  That will probably pass as you come off the hormone treatment just like it did for me.  Try not to be concerned; it's just part of being on hormone treatment and may well pass.

User
Posted 27 Aug 2021 at 00:43
Bill hasn't logged into the forum since the day after his post and that was 4 years ago so I think it is unlikely he will see these recent comments.
"Life can only be understood backwards; but it must be lived forwards." Soren Kierkegaard

User
Posted 27 Aug 2021 at 18:06
Lyn, I was replying to Punter..............
User
Posted 28 Aug 2021 at 00:22

I don't think Tamsulosin will have any such effect (although it can cause retrograde ejaculation).

Finasteride is a hormone therapy drug for BPH - enlarged prostate. It's a halfway house to the prostate cancer hormone therapy drugs, in that you still have and use Testosterone, but it suppresses Dihyrotestoserone (DHT). This has some effect on libido and may impact erections.

User
Posted 30 Aug 2021 at 14:26

The Zoladex HT certainly screwed with my head and altered my personality, for the better the wife says. She reckons I am more in touch with my feminine side now, something I didn't even know I had.

Even though it has been 5 years since treatment finished the changes have largely remained.

Mike