I'm interested in conversations about and I want to talk about
Know exactly what you want?
Show search

Posted 10 November 2017 10:45:10(UTC)

Dear all,

Has anyone tried CBD oil as a home treatment, any feedback would be very much appreciated.

Kind regards
m. 07771 866 226

Posted 11 November 2017 00:21:50(UTC)

There has been no reliable research to show that cannabis oil can treat prostate cancer; only unsupported stories from individuals who were on 'official' treatments like hormone therapy at the same time.

"Life can only be understood backwards; but it must be lived forwards." Soren Kierkegaard

Posted 11 November 2017 10:00:34(UTC)

After a friend strongly recommended cannabis oil as a potential treatment, I did a fair bit of research into the matter. Tons of conflicting views and general lack of evidence (currently), and the only thing I could find of any substance - and that was tenuous! - is that THC rather than CBD may be effective in combatting PCa. Also, it would need to be in pessary form as it needs to be very near the cancer to be efficacious. So I was left with the option of putting undetermined amounts (at undetermined times) of a substance where I'd rather not, and that substance will have seriously detrimental effects of my cognitive ability. At that point, I stepped away and decided that I'll wait for the world to present some evidence based treatment rather than self-medicate. Hope that helps!

Thanked 1 time
©2018 Prostate Cancer UK