I'm interested in conversations about and I want to talk about
Know exactly what you want?
Show search

Notification

Error

need some advice

User
Posted 01 Dec 2017 at 10:39

I have just had an MRI with a report that i had a suspicious sub centimeter cancer nodule in the left lobe of my prostate, my urologist suggested i have biopsy to confirm same witch i do not want as i had one 6 years ago because of high PSA . This led to a bad infection and I was quite ill. The result then was BPH. I have read various articles from experts which range from : if you have no problems with with going to the toilet lots at night (I don't) leave well alone , to other experts who say have treatment. My PSA has varied over the last 3 years from 21 -30. any comments would be very helpful as I am unsure what to do next, than you in anticipation      

User
Posted 01 Dec 2017 at 14:18

Hi Geoff,

Your concerns about having another biopsy are understandable given the infection on the previous one.

However, as they have found a nodule, would a template biopsy be offered to you, which has a reduced risk of infection, going through the perineum.

I recently had this procedure without any problems, targeting the lesion, leading to positive diagnosis and treatment.

Ultimately your choice, but I know what mine would be.

Good luck which ever path you take. G

User
Posted 01 Dec 2017 at 21:33

Infection can be unpleasant but not as unpleasant as living with and eventually dying of metastatic prostate cancer. Get the biopsy; your PSA is too much above normal not to.

"Life can only be understood backwards; but it must be lived forwards." Soren Kierkegaard

User
Posted 02 Dec 2017 at 03:01

Many thanks for replies