User
Posted 06 Dec 2017 at 08:13
Hi;

Just a quick query;

OH Gleason 7 (3+4) 3 out of 10 cores positive 2 (3+3) 1 (3+4) 30%

Adenicarcinoma

T2c possible bulge ?T3

Psa 14

Anterior lobe ( apparently not a common area to get Pca.)

We were told he was intermediate risk but he is going to be on hormone therapy prostap for 3 years in total also getting 4 weeks radiotherapy

Is this the normal length of time on hormone therapy as we thought it would be 6-12 months for some reason ( we may just have dreamt that up though!)

Many thanks for reading

J

User
Posted 06 Dec 2017 at 10:38

I had HT (Prostap) from January 2013 to November 2015 and 37 sessions of RT from September to December 2013 so what you’ve been told is fairly normal.

Arthur

User
Posted 06 Dec 2017 at 11:15

You might be getting mixed up with the time on HT before RT which nowadays varies between 3 and 6 months.

They don't seem to do the time I had on HT for a radical cure (47 months in total of which I'm not complaining) - all down to the knowledge consultants have gained over the years.

Good luck

Ray

User
Posted 06 Dec 2017 at 14:26

Thats really reassuring - Many thanks all.
Just another question - if he gets his radiotherapy at 8 months of being on HT would that make a difference - the OH is keen to go to Portugal prior to RT in July bit not if it compromises treatment.

Best wishes

J

User
Posted 06 Dec 2017 at 16:58

One of those depends on the onco. Some will see a holiday helpng RT recovery. Whilst some, noting the staging, will take the view RT is usually well tolerated so earlier RT will increase the chance of a better outcome. So that's a question for your onco to answer.

Will a holiday not long after RT cause more travel insurance issues?

Ray

User
Posted 06 Dec 2017 at 17:03

I was on hormone therapy (Zoladex) for nine months before starting 5 weeks of radiotherapy (4 days a week for 5 weeks). I continued on hormone therapy for a further 27 months making a total of 3 years. I think the exact timings depend on the grade and staging of the tumour and can vary from one centre to another. I attended the Royal Marsden and was told this was their standard treatment

Tom

User
Posted 06 Dec 2017 at 17:05

Hi Ray - I think it might cause some insurance issues which is why we wanted to go on holiday before but not to the detriment of his treatment.
Seeing Onco in January and will ask then.
Thanks for getting back

J