I'm interested in conversations about and I want to talk about
Know exactly what you want?
Show search

Notification

Error

hip problems x ray results.

User
Posted 20 Dec 2017 at 14:11

hi, just got result of my hip exrays from last week,anyone understand this.mild right hip joint degenerative change present.normal left hip joint,no focal bone destruction. any help appreciated.

User
Posted 20 Dec 2017 at 15:51

Hi Radar
I’ve been having multiple issues with my legs — see my own post !
My left knee has Osteo-arthritis and I think my right hip is painful from walking differently. It clicks permanently. The guy I saw at local clinic accessed my mega mega PET scan and took measurements around both hips and knees and declared my wear as “ normal for my age and career “. It can be agony mind :-((

User
Posted 20 Dec 2017 at 15:52

I think it is saying that you have a bit of wear and tear on your right hip but your left hip looks normal and there is no sign of bone cancer.

"Life can only be understood backwards; but it must be lived forwards." Soren Kierkegaard

User
Posted 20 Dec 2017 at 17:43

thanks chris &lyn just phoned gp surgery to say i dont understand it, she said wear and tear arthritis i said both my hips are just as painful and yet it says my left hip is normal,i too like chris get a shooting pain right down the leg,its baffling all i can think of is the x ray doesnt pick everything up,oh well soldier on.

User
Posted 20 Dec 2017 at 18:25

Radar and Chris, I have arthritis in my left knee cap and very bad in my right foot.

I also have degenerative changes in the spine which refers down to my legs. I was convinced I would need a knew hip the pain was so bad but I don't, the pain was caused by the back.

My left knee pain has been eased by an X ray guided injection into the right foot. Walking awkwardly because of the painful foot was obviously adding to the knee pain.

It is easy to assume that any new aches and pains are due to your cancer but it may well be related joint pain from muscle spasms from either the back or the hips (or like in my case the knees and foot)

Edited by member 20 Dec 2017 at 18:26  | Reason: Not specified

We can't control the winds - but we can adjust our sails