I'm interested in conversations about and I want to talk about
Know exactly what you want?
Show search

Notification

Error

Feeling fed up and worried

User
Posted 05 Jan 2018 at 17:43
Hi everyone just reaching out for another pep talk if anyone is available? Nothing has changed, still in the horrid waiting period for Dad to have his scan due to PSA jumping up to 10. He’s a G9. Christmas was very difficult. Keeping positive and an open mind is so difficult. Get really cross with myself for googling so have been chatting to the nurses if I feel the need to. They are absolutely marvellous. Hoping to take Dad out for a coffee tomorrow. Trying to be ‘normal’ but so fearful of the appointment and what it might mean. I really hope the Casodex is doing a good ‘mopping up’ job. Being someone who likes to ‘fix’ things this is very hard.
User
Posted 05 Jan 2018 at 21:36

PenP

Waiting is something I'm trying to get used to.  Like you, I like to fix things and feel a bit frustrated that something is now well and truly out of my control and I am dependent on the expertise of others.  No pep talk - I hate it when people tell me to stay positive and that positivity is half the battle - your dad has a new reality and as a family your lives have changed.  Everyone on here understands the range of emotions that brings.  It's alright to be scared, frustrated and angry from time to time.  I do.

Ulsterman 

User
Posted 05 Jan 2018 at 20:43

Hello Caroline

If I try to give you a "pep talk" what would it sound like?

Those kind friends who say all the usual things when they don't know how to help you, but it's pretty meaningless?

Well, I won't "pep talk" you and tell you to be brave, you know already that you have to be that, the same way you know that when you meet your dad for coffee you'll try to be as bright and as cheerful as you can be, because when you love somebody you want to be there for them and you're already doing that.

The waiting for the scan is hard, very hard. All you can do is your best.

It's good you've found the nurses helpful and you already know that general googling only confuses (or frightens) you even more, so best not to do it eh?

I'm sure somebody who has been through what you are experiencing will come along and give you a boost.

I just wish I could help you more,other than being a virtual voice offering a voice to support you.

Chin up girl. XX

We can't control the winds - but we can adjust our sails
User
Posted 06 Jan 2018 at 10:31
I love alpacas! I actually went on an alpaca ‘treck’ last summer which was great fun :o) One of my colleagues has just bought six!
User
Posted 06 Jan 2018 at 15:31

No pep talk from me either. I’d just like to say that as a dad with a daughter you will never ever realise just how much you just being there is so much help.

Show Most Thanked Posts
User
Posted 05 Jan 2018 at 20:43

Hello Caroline

If I try to give you a "pep talk" what would it sound like?

Those kind friends who say all the usual things when they don't know how to help you, but it's pretty meaningless?

Well, I won't "pep talk" you and tell you to be brave, you know already that you have to be that, the same way you know that when you meet your dad for coffee you'll try to be as bright and as cheerful as you can be, because when you love somebody you want to be there for them and you're already doing that.

The waiting for the scan is hard, very hard. All you can do is your best.

It's good you've found the nurses helpful and you already know that general googling only confuses (or frightens) you even more, so best not to do it eh?

I'm sure somebody who has been through what you are experiencing will come along and give you a boost.

I just wish I could help you more,other than being a virtual voice offering a voice to support you.

Chin up girl. XX

User
Posted 05 Jan 2018 at 21:36

PenP

Waiting is something I'm trying to get used to.  Like you, I like to fix things and feel a bit frustrated that something is now well and truly out of my control and I am dependent on the expertise of others.  No pep talk - I hate it when people tell me to stay positive and that positivity is half the battle - your dad has a new reality and as a family your lives have changed.  Everyone on here understands the range of emotions that brings.  It's alright to be scared, frustrated and angry from time to time.  I do.

Ulsterman 

User
Posted 06 Jan 2018 at 08:28
Thank you Johsan and Ulsterman it’s much appreciated as always and good to know people are out there even though none of us want to be in this situation! Johsan your avatar always makes me smile when I see it. Is it an alpaca? I always feel rubbish in the mornings waking up and worrying about Dad but will do as you say and be brave and smile through that coffee xxx
User
Posted 06 Jan 2018 at 09:13

Yep, it's an Alpaca PenP.

It's a photo I took and it was a very comical animal, obviously used to people because it came up and posed for me.

It always cheers me up as well so I'm glad he/she made you smile.

User
Posted 06 Jan 2018 at 10:31
I love alpacas! I actually went on an alpaca ‘treck’ last summer which was great fun :o) One of my colleagues has just bought six!
User
Posted 06 Jan 2018 at 15:31

No pep talk from me either. I’d just like to say that as a dad with a daughter you will never ever realise just how much you just being there is so much help.